PeterHG's BY in whatever form it will take.

PeterHG

Tdgraves

lovely shots Peter

Peter Connan

Never seen a GCG out of the water before, and I never realized how short their tails are!

Lovely shot of a bird that always seems much shier over here than over there.

Belatedgood wishes on your 300 and with such lovely birds too.

PeterHG

Thank yoy @Tdgraves @Peter Connan @Galana.

This morning I spent some time in a marsh area adjacent to one of the big rivers. This is a spot where Black Terns and Purple Herons can be found every year as well as a host of reed-dwelling birds. Unfortunately there was too much wind for the warblers and bluethroats, but we did get the usual two. 

Already seen in Thailand / NL 81. Purple Heron. Zouweboezem, June.

P6138503-XL.jpg

306 / NL 82. Black tern. Zouweboezem, June.

P6138309-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

BRACQUENE

Great shots Peter : love the pictures of the Hobby ! 

• 2 weeks later...
PeterHG
Posted (edited)

Thank you, @BRACQUENE

A few more outings since the weather improved produced at least a few new ones for the year.

307 / NL 84. Tree Pipit. Leersum, June

P6067931-X2.jpg

308 / NL 85. Common Swift. Arkemheen, June.

P6249260-Edit-X2.jpg

309 / NL86. Marsh warbler. Arkemheen, June. Very hard to tell apart from the Reed Warbler, but as it was singing, this was a definite ID.

P6259654-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

PeterHG

And some duplicates, but better shots than before:

Common Cuckoo

P6260027-Edit-X2.jpg

Western Marsh Harrier. Came quite close this time, so I could look into his eyes...

P6198815-X2.jpg

Grasshopper Warbler. Not shy at all.

P6260191-Edit-X2.jpg

Nice weather makes for good photos. Great photographer makes them excellent!

Peter Connan
20 minutes ago, xelas said:

Nice weather makes for good photos. Great photographer makes them excellent!

Indeed!

Great work Peter!

michael-ibk

A Grasshopper Warbler not shy? Quite incredible!

Great photos Peter!

BRACQUENE

Excellent additions Peter ; love that Grasshopper Warbler ! 

Stunning photos @PeterHG

• 2 weeks later...
PeterHG

Not many new addtions to be had in the nearby wetland, but I did score a few and as it was sunny and warm, it was a nice walk anyway

310 / NL 86. Ruff. Arkemheen, July. They do not breed here, but slowly they are already gathering for the autumn migration. Some of them still have the remains of the breeding plumage.

P7171294-Edit-X2.jpg

311 / N? 87. Eurasian Collared Dove. Arkemheen, July. Quite common in the city, but I do not see them often in the wetland area.

P7171262-X2.jpg

312 / NL 88. Common Starling. Arkemheen, July. Not even included so far, which shows my dedication this year :). They are present in large numbers, attracted by the brambles, that are covering ever greater parts of the water's edges. I spent some time trying to catch them in flight, preferably with a blackberry in their bill. As there is a cycling track along the water I thought it would also be a nice idea to catch both cyclists and starling in the same picture. That proved quite difficult, of course but finally one shot came out as I intended. A lot of luck was involved here, obviously. In spite of their abundance starlings look quite good with a bit of sunshine I think.

P7221697-Edit-X2.jpg

P7221615-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

P7221534-Edit-X2.jpg

P7221683-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

Dedication is the path to success!

michael-ibk

Beautiful Starling photos Peter!

Zim Girl

Brilliant starling pictures, Peter.  I love that you got the starling, the blackberry, and the cyclists all in the same picture!

Stunning Starling photos - really excellent

Peter Connan

Wow. Masterfull.

Kitsafari

brilliant. 

• 4 weeks later...

A few days later on the same walk, this time unplanned, another Starling flew across the cycle track. Well, strictly speaking it did not fly by itself, but was carried across by a friendly Sparrowhawk... ;)

P8052416-Edit-X2.jpg

Some other birds were also willing to be photographed over the last few days and a few even added to the year list

313 / NL 89 Spotted Flycatcher. Flevoland, August. Never even saw one last year I think

P8173137-Edit-X2.jpg

314 / NL 90. Eurasian Reed Warbler. Flevoland, August. Although I had seen it on numerous occasions I did not manage a photo until now. Just in time, I suppose. as they will be leaving soon.

P8173106-Edit-X2.jpg

315 / NL 91. Common Snipe. Arkemheen, August. They usually turn up here in August, sometimes in quite large numbers.

P8052328-Edit-X2.jpg

316 / NL 92. Sand Martin. Flevoland, August. There were quite few of them, hunting for insects over the reeds. The house martins have gone by now, but the sand martins seem to stay around a little longer.

P8173055-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

And a few nice duplicates:

Peregrine falcon. Not seen many this year and mostly distant.

P8193489-Edit-X2.jpg

Great Egret, when the sun was already setting. I darkened the shadows even more when post processing to create a nice atmosphere. It is common here, especially after the breeding season.

P8173270-X2.jpg

Lucky .... Sparrowhak :rolleyes:! Excellent shot, great reflex. 

Peter Connan

Excellent BIF's.

Especially the Snipe! 

michael-ibk

Great additions Mr. BIF!