Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kittykat23uk

Five nabbed for electrocuting tiger

2 posts in this topic

Five nabbed for electrocuting and poaching tiger in Madhya Pradesh

Five poachers were arrested for allegedly electrocuting a tiger near Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Umaria district, and the feline's teeth and skin were recovered, a forest official said.

The tiger was found dead by forest officials late last night under Ghunghuti forest area's Majhgavan forest, after villagers saw vultures hovering in the sky, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) RPS Baghel told PTI.

When forest officials reached the spot, poachers who were allegedly trying to remove its teeth and nails fled the spot, leaving these behind.

Y'know, I was watching Hindi news on TV yesterday and they had a report on the death penalty & death by hanging in India. I was quite disturbed by it all and came away thinking that it all sounded very barbaric. But then you read something like this. I know an 'eye for an eye' is not a positive philosophy, but in all honesty, neither the hanging nor the electrocution of these poachers would disturb me.