Serengeti strikes back (after Mara kicks sand in her face)

pault

No Yorkshireman will be the slightest upset by your remark. I was brought up to follow the advice

Hear all, see all, say nowt.

Eat all, drink all, pay nowt.

If ever tha dost owt for nowt - do it for thisen.

It's in dialect but hopefully clear.

Thanks, pault, but this has been one of my all time favourite trip reports.

the guys were watching some English dramatic movie where a guide is eaten by lions and 2 kids and Mum are trapped in a vehicle with lions all over it. That road was worse than anything I have been on.

"Prey" is the name of the movie.

It is so very good, and so very real.

The best I ever saw!

(and I hope your sarcasm meter is functioning well)

I left this trip report for what it is for a while, keeping it for later, like a good bottle of wine.

Now I finally decide to catch up, and...

i-4P7QJJW-XL.jpg

No words. Just... no words.

But to stick with the wine terms: Château Petrus!

the guys were watching some English dramatic movie where a guide is eaten by lions and 2 kids and Mum are trapped in a vehicle with lions all over it. That road was worse than anything I have been on.

"Prey" is the name of the movie.

It is so very good, and so very real.

The best I ever saw!

(and I hope your sarcasm meter is functioning well)

This sounds very familiar. I must find the DVD!

And thank you for the kind words.

No Yorkshireman will be the slightest upset by your remark. I was brought up to follow the advice

Hear all, see all, say nowt.

Eat all, drink all, pay nowt.

If ever tha dost owt for nowt - do it for thisen.

It's in dialect but hopefully clear.

Thanks, pault, but this has been one of my all time favourite trip reports.

In dialect it is perfectly clear. It just wouldn't sound right (or rhyme) any other way.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Mum is a great sport although she would want me to make it clear interprets some of these stories rather differently and at no time did she do anything but what any sane and proper English lady would have done. She admits to a "faux pas" over the hyena, although considers the actual misinterpretation an innocent mistake.

A final Bibi story...a fitting end to your entertaining and enlightening trip report. Thanks!

This sounds very familiar. I must find the DVD!

If you find it, smash it to pieces, burn it, bury it, put a 5 ton concrete tomb on it, and apply some heavy voodoo stuff on it. Just make sure it cannot resurrect.