Anita

Lets see your stars and night sky

260 posts in this topic

@Peter Connan love this last shot - very interesting! 

1 person likes this

thank you very much @Elsa Hoffmann

I am a bit of a PS slut as you might have noticed 

Untitled2.jpg

150927 Silvermine 008bw.jpg

2 people like this

Great fun will have to try that sometime! Pen

A weird one as I think I can count on one hand the number of selfies I have ever taken.  But I couldn't resist messing around a bit under a full moon while trying to put together a small timelapse sequence... 

Astro-selfie-1.jpg

3 people like this

With a fire many many kilometers away I went up 'the rock' to see if I could get wildfire and stars together.  

Arch-1.jpg

Fire-in-the-sky-1.jpg

5 people like this

Really exciting stuff @KaingU Lodge The second one I have a really strange thought about though - there are too many stars! 

How wide were you shooting on the first?

@KaingU Lodge Those two captures really define a perfect African night sky. Stunning. I think you need to give me some personal tuition :)

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, pault said:

Really exciting stuff @KaingU Lodge The second one I have a really strange thought about though - there are too many stars! 

How wide were you shooting on the first?

The first one is a stitched panorama (9 pictures if I remember right) taken with my 1D MKIV and Samyang 14mm - so in reality an 18mm with the crop factor.  30 sec exposures - which were actually borderline too long as I was getting some star movement - ISO 1600.  

The 2nd one surprised me....  it is one from the timelapse sequence that I was shooting.  ISO 2000 at a 15 sec exposure with my little omd em-10.  The fact that the m4/3 sensor picked up so many stars at quite a short exposure (f2 with samyang 12mm) slightly amazed me.  

1 person likes this

Well you couldn't really have gone much wider then!!   I just wondered if you could have worked in a bit more ground, to anchor iit, but not really.

Looking again, I think I'm almost serious about the second by the way. It really is a bit too busy for me aesthetically - which of course is amazing given the exposiure time. If you darken it would you get rid of a few stars? Haha  :D

1 person likes this