See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turgwe Hippo Trust

Name a baby elephant. Sharon Pincott's President's Herd of Elephants

4 posts in this topic

Hi all this is Karen Paolillo of the Turgwe Hippo Trust. Normally I am raising funds for the hippos but having just had an awesome experience with Sharon Pincott of the Presidents Herd of Elephants, here in the Hwange Estates of Zimbabwe I am hoping people may help out here.

There is a new calf in the President Herd of Zimbabwe in the L group. We need a name for the baby. You cannot use the following names:Lady, Lee, Limp, Louise, Loopy, Lesley, Lancelot, Lucy, Libby, Lantana, Lilly-boy, Laurie, Lol, Lazarus, Lindsay, Langa, Leopold, Litchis, ... mother Lucky ... and new baby ???....

For US$20 donating to our site www.savethehippos.com your name will be entered into the raffle on 8th October. Just add the name you choose to the donation form.

Please now watch my little video so you can see the calf and then help Sharon to continue to monitor these amazing elephants lives. She needs fuel which is expensive in Hwange area, so your donation will help her to stay mobile and keep a watchful eye upon these elephants. It is Sharon who finds help for them when one is carrying a snare.

See the video here: YouTube:

It is also on our website: http://www.savethehippos.com/Videopage%20051%20Name%20the%20Baby%20Elelphant%20%20Sept%202012.html or http://www.savethehippos.com/turgwevideoclips.html

1 person likes this

Excellent, please do keep us updated as to how things go with Sharon's work. She needs to be here on Safaritalk too :)

You cannot use the following names:Lady, Lee, Limp, Louise, Loopy, Lesley, Lancelot, Lucy, Libby, Lantana, Lilly-boy, Laurie, Lol, Lazarus, Lindsay, Langa, Leopold, Litchis, ... mother Lucky ..

Oh I'm sorry I missed these in the other thread.

Or Bob.