See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Name a baby elephant. Sharon Pincott's President's Herd of Elephants

Name a baby elephant. Raffle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turgwe Hippo Trust

Turgwe Hippo Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 11:25 PM
  • Category 1:NGO
  • Category 2:Conservationist/Naturalist

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi all this is Karen Paolillo of the Turgwe Hippo Trust. Normally I am raising funds for the hippos but having just had an awesome experience with Sharon Pincott of the Presidents Herd of Elephants, here in the Hwange Estates of Zimbabwe I am hoping people may help out here.
There is a new calf in the President Herd of Zimbabwe in the L group. We need a name for the baby. You cannot use the following names:Lady, Lee, Limp, Louise, Loopy, Lesley, Lancelot, Lucy, Libby, Lantana, Lilly-boy, Laurie, Lol, Lazarus, Lindsay, Langa, Leopold, Litchis, ... mother Lucky ... and new baby ???....

For US$20 donating to our site www.savethehippos.com your name will be entered into the raffle on 8th October. Just add the name you choose to the donation form.

Please now watch my little video so you can see the calf and then help Sharon to continue to monitor these amazing elephants lives. She needs fuel which is expensive in Hwange area, so your donation will help her to stay mobile and keep a watchful eye upon these elephants. It is Sharon who finds help for them when one is carrying a snare.

See the video here: YouTube: .

It is also on our website: http://www.savethehi... Sept 2012.html or http://www.savethehippos.com/turgwevideoclips.html
  • Game Warden likes this

#2 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,459 posts
  • Local time: 10:25 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Excellent, please do keep us updated as to how things go with Sharon's work. She needs to be here on Safaritalk too :)

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#3 Jochen

Jochen

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Local time: 11:25 PM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Travel Agent

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

You cannot use the following names:Lady, Lee, Limp, Louise, Loopy, Lesley, Lancelot, Lucy, Libby, Lantana, Lilly-boy, Laurie, Lol, Lazarus, Lindsay, Langa, Leopold, Litchis, ... mother Lucky ..

Oh I'm sorry I missed these in the other thread.

#4 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,459 posts
  • Local time: 10:25 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Or Bob.

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.