Kwando Lebala/Lagoon - August/Sept 2012

madaboutcheetah

Hi Hari, not often enough..just got back from Tadoba....beautiful!!!! also saw youe report of the Jung's Bison Resort....Just begun planning my trip to Botswana...already so excited by all the TR's and my plans, i feel im already there!! Sigh !! If you come to Blore lets meet up for sure...till the next time...Cheers!!! In the meantime reading all you TR's on Bots !!!!! :)

madaboutcheetah

Awesome! Will def look you up when I'm there next. Yup, highly recommend "the Bison" if you go there anytime soon.

owenshaffer

I can't wait for my second trip to Lagoon camp this summer. I'll also be visiting Tuba Tree camp. Furthermore I'll be spending 6 nights in Mana Pools and taking a three day canoe safari. After that I'll be going to Kaingo camp for 3 nights and Mwamba for 3.

I can't wait for my second trip to Lagoon camp this summer. I'll also be visiting Tuba Tree camp. Furthermore I'll be spending 6 nights in Mana Pools and taking a three day canoe safari. After that I'll be going to Kaingo camp for 3 nights and Mwamba for 3.

Now that sounds like a properly awesome trip.

Game Warden

@@madaboutcheetah and @@mowgli - excellent, an India Safaritalk GTG: keep us updated with possible plans and let's see if anyone else can make it.

Matt

@@owenshaffer. Your trip this summer sounds great. We are also going to Mana Pools this year and I'm getting very interested in Botswana so I'll be looking forward to your trip report. Where are you staying in Mana Pools?

We stayed 3 nights at Kaingo and 4 nights at Mwamba in 2011 and absolutely loved both camps.

owenshaffer

I'll be staying 3 nights at Vundu Camp and 3 nights at Goliath. I imagine that I'll see wild dogs at both Vundu Camp and Goliath Pack because I'll be there at the end of August. I'll also be going on a three day canoe safari from Vundu camp. I will further my odds of seeing wild dogs further by staying from August 18 to the 21st at Kwando Lagoon camp. This will be the second time that I stayed at both Vundu Camp and Kwando Lagoon Camp.

owenshaffer

I'll also spend three days at Tuba Tree Camp. No camp in Botswana is supposed to have better leopard sighting. I'm also looking forward to the mokoro ride and plenty of sightings of beautiful birds.

madaboutcheetah

I'll also spend three days at Tuba Tree Camp. No camp in Botswana is supposed to have better leopard sighting. I'm also looking forward to the mokoro ride and plenty of sightings of beautiful birds.

You'll be surprised at the Leopard sightings they are having at Lagoon now........

owenshaffer

I stayed at Lagoon camp in July,2011. Yes I saw the resident pack of wild dogs three times. It was awesome. I loved the warmth, and openness of all the staff at Lagoon, Lebala , and Little Kwara . I remember Bate showing me the stars and the various constellations Hobbes explaining me the ecology of the Okavango Delta on boat trip, talking around the campfire with Moses and my guide at Lebala. I felt like I was with old friends if not family. I notice that many other visitors both on Safaritalk ,Tripadvisor ,and Expertafrica feel the same.

madaboutcheetah

I stayed at Lagoon camp in July,2011. Yes I saw the resident pack of wild dogs three times. It was awesome. I loved the warmth, and openness of all the staff at Lagoon, Lebala , and Little Kwara . I remember Bate showing me the stars and the various constellations Hobbes explaining me the ecology of the Okavango Delta on boat trip, talking around the campfire with Moses and my guide at Lebala. I felt like I was with old friends if not family. I notice that many other visitors both on Safaritalk ,Tripadvisor ,and Expertafrica feel the same.

If memory serves me right, the dogs went into denning really far away from camp into the mopane veldt that year.

owenshaffer

Dear MadAboutCheetah,

I do remember that they weren't denning near Lagoon camp. However I still saw the resident pack 3 times in 3 days, and can still remember that the beta female was very pregnant. I believe that there were 11 members of the pack.

madaboutcheetah

Ok - which means they went into denning late in the year. Thanks for the info.