Kwando Lebala/Lagoon - August/Sept 2012

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Sangeeta.

Just started working on two or three images. Will get to the rest of them in a few days - case of the Monday mornings here!

Welcome home Hari. So now it's dry again there.

I can only imagine the unhappiness that filled the Maun airport with the delays.

You added a flamingo to your Kwando species count! Always great trips with cheetahs and wild dogs. What a privilege to enjoy that combo, along with the flamingo.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Lynn

• 2 weeks later...
madaboutcheetah

Have been adding some images to the 500PX link ......... please have a look if you get a chance!!!!

Thanks

Hari

madaboutcheetah

GW,

Just a suggestion - It would really help, if we could load pics directly onto the thread from our hard drive? What do you think???

You can. Make them a reasonable size, eg 1000 px max width, (landscape format). Use the full editor option and click on the Attach files - choose files button and follow prompts... (Use the insert into post option when you choose your file.)

No excuses now!

Hehe, careful what you wish for! Now we are absolutely waiting to see those photos. I actually went to your 500px page but couldn't tell which were from which trip, so seeing them right here with your captions would be real treat!

Hari, thank you for sharing. Your Kwando trips bring back many fond memories. I do need to get back to Kwando soon.. Lebala and Lagoon are 2 of my favourite camps in Africa. I just find that getting there is a major pain in the ass. Hopefully this changes soon... I would absolutely love a direct flight to Gabarone from Europe or the Middle East (assuming Maun cant handle the larger flights).

For now I still have a love on for East Africa - Kenya and Tanzania.

madaboutcheetah

http://500px.com/photo/14659881

Here's one for Sangeeta (not blowing off posting images here ..... hehe) ..... Will get to it ASAP.

Thanks, Tusker. For me, it's hell on wheels trying to get there (simply because of the visa nightmare) .......... From India (assuming all paper work is in order), it's easy to fly out tonight and be in Lagoon or Lebala for the afternoon drive the next day!!! But, I agree hopefully there will soon be flights from Dubai or Abu Dhabi or even Doha to Gaborone. Maun can't handle the infrastructure anytime soon. Imagine Land cruisers having to bus the bags from a Being 777 to the terminal and bring them out one by one!!!

madaboutcheetah

WOO HOO ........ the 3 Cheetah brothers were seen Re-united!!! Awesome news!

Not sure why they were seperated for this long! It really was an awfully long time to be apart - a bit over a month.

Well ....... all's well now!!!

The one photo of mother and leopard cub was a tremendous start.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful photos, Hari. I thought the kudu on the termite mound was a poetic image - the horns and overhanging branches specifically.

Whatever happened to the 'direct' image posts :D

Edited by Sangeeta

madaboutcheetah

Ouch! Shall get to it this weekend, Sangeeta. Lazy downloading stuff onto the image gallery here that will enable a post.

Hari where did you take the photograph of the male lions in the water. Amazing! Is that Spencer in the jeep? Pen

madaboutcheetah

Kwara, pen ..... Yes, Spencer. I was wit Hobbs in the other vehicle feb, 2011

It's nearly time for bed for cheetah. Although I've seen cheetahs roaming around quite a few times on night drives. You stopped the wild dogs in mid-romp and in very nice light!

• 5 months later...
owenshaffer

I can't wait to visit Lagoon camp later this year. The sightings have been so remarkable. I thank you warmly.

madaboutcheetah

Enjoy!!! Hope to read your trip report when you return....... You will have a great time!!!! What are the other camps you are going to?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hari......wow u need a lot of planning and luck to reach to the lodge from here eh?.... Great pics.....awesome.....

madaboutcheetah

Hi Mowgli, Thanks ....... Haha. Where in India are you from? It's a pity that the Bots consulate in Delhi makes it that hard for you to get a visa (after paying so much for a safari to get to their country).

Hi Hari...am from Bangalore.....Planning a trip to Bots....lets see !!! :)

madaboutcheetah

Ah! So do you go to Kabini often?