See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

British Birdwatching Fair- Rutland Water

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 4,457 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Wildlife Photographer/Artist

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

As requested by GW, here are the details of the Bird Fair.

http://www.birdfair.org.uk/

it's on from the 17th to the 19th August (always seems to be on my birthday!). I will be there all weekend, helping Jo at the Wildabouttravel stand. It would be lovely to meet some of you. There is a full programme of lectures on all days, including various topics on wildlife tours, some interesting conservation topics and photography. Loads of celebs including the Scotts, Simon King and Mark Cawardine.
Hundreds of stands, comprising mainly tour operators, outdoor/wildlife gear suppliers and conservation bodies. Great Art Marquee and optics marquees for those looking to invest in new kit.

Also of interest is the Auction, several of the lots are holidays, including a safari.

All the best

Jo
If an experience is amazing enough to be "once in a lifetime," I want to do it every year.
Alex: "Whoa! Hold up there a second, fuzzbucket. You mean like, uh, the live in a mud hut wipe yourself with a leaf type wild?"
King Julian: “Who wipes?”

#2 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,393 posts
  • Category 2:---

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Might well drop down there.............if the weather picks up! Let's keep out fingers crossed.

#3 kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Most of it is undercover. :D Would be good to see you, you'll have a chance to ask all about our trip! :D
If an experience is amazing enough to be "once in a lifetime," I want to do it every year.
Alex: "Whoa! Hold up there a second, fuzzbucket. You mean like, uh, the live in a mud hut wipe yourself with a leaf type wild?"

#4 JohnR

JohnR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

As I mentioned in another thread, I've got tickets for the Saturday. Like wild dog I'm hoping for better weather -- the show I went to at the Barnes wetland centre in London earlier in the year was wet which made dashing between tents hazardous. :o
What pays stays.

#5 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

yes, and I will be able to hear the latest from Mana as the trip reports are unlikely to be on ST as you will not have been back long. :D

Might well come on the Saturday then and we can have a mini ST GTG at the beer tent!

#6 kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sounds fab! I could at least bring my laptop and share piccies!!

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.