Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kittykat23uk

British Birdwatching Fair- Rutland Water

6 posts in this topic

As requested by GW, here are the details of the Bird Fair.

http://www.birdfair.org.uk/

it's on from the 17th to the 19th August (always seems to be on my birthday!). I will be there all weekend, helping Jo at the Wildabouttravel stand. It would be lovely to meet some of you. There is a full programme of lectures on all days, including various topics on wildlife tours, some interesting conservation topics and photography. Loads of celebs including the Scotts, Simon King and Mark Cawardine.

Hundreds of stands, comprising mainly tour operators, outdoor/wildlife gear suppliers and conservation bodies. Great Art Marquee and optics marquees for those looking to invest in new kit.

Also of interest is the Auction, several of the lots are holidays, including a safari.

All the best

Jo

Might well drop down there.............if the weather picks up! Let's keep out fingers crossed.

Most of it is undercover. :D Would be good to see you, you'll have a chance to ask all about our trip! :D

As I mentioned in another thread, I've got tickets for the Saturday. Like wild dog I'm hoping for better weather -- the show I went to at the Barnes wetland centre in London earlier in the year was wet which made dashing between tents hazardous. :o

yes, and I will be able to hear the latest from Mana as the trip reports are unlikely to be on ST as you will not have been back long. :D

Might well come on the Saturday then and we can have a mini ST GTG at the beer tent!

Sounds fab! I could at least bring my laptop and share piccies!!