See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Game Warden

Safari options between 200 and 400 US$ PPPN.

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Here are the usual prices for the Great Plains Conservation camps in Botswana. Feel free in asking any questions.

Prices are for the Green Season for non-SADC residents, if you're an SADC resident - please see the ad image in the post above for our current unbelievable special offer.

Prices are based in US Dollars and are per person per night.

Duba Plains Selinda Camp Zarafa Camp

1st November - 19th December $1210.00 $915.00 $1675.00

10th January - 31st March $925.00 $800.00 $1325.00

Contact - paul@capturedinafrica.co.za / www.capturedinafrica.com/contact.html

Umm... Which part of this fits within the idea of "safaris between $200 - $400 per night"??

guys ... if you read the thread above, the question was asked what the usual rates were ... above that is the special offer which is included in the price range of 200-400.

It also shows just how spectacular the offer prices are for SADC residents.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by PaulTully

Forgive me Paul and I really dont wish to sound rude but the prices quoted above for non South Africans are quite frankly ridiculous....Can I ask why it is so much cheaper for SA residents than everyone else..outside of SA?

Thank you

1 person likes this

@@RichB, hopefully those prices are special offers for the green season ;-)

Duba converted in USD: USD320 for SADC residents, USD1210 for non SADC resident...no comments

My understanding is the SADC applies to several countries in Southern Africa not only South Africa, so these cheaper rates apply to several member countries. http://www.sadc.int/about-sadc

and that many camps (all?) have this two tier rate for SADC visitors and non SADC visitors.

1 person likes this

@@wilddog, sure many camps have special rates for SADC residents. At WS, the ratio between the SADC rates and the non SADC residents is around 1.5 during the green season, @GPC the ratio is almost 4...

1 person likes this

There's been much talk recently about neighbouring countries helping each other through the tougher times experienced atm, so this is a fantastic opportunity for fellow Africans to experience such a fantastic destination.

SADC was set up with the purpose of promoting and increasing trade and business between the countries included in the membership. It's exactly the same with many other countries in the world, where neighbouring states realise that they can have a positive effect on each others trade by working together. So you'll find taxes may be lower, shipping goods and supplying their services can also be significantly decreased, offering members the benefits to hopefully a brighter future ... by working together.

RichB - They're some of the most amazing camps in some of the very best areas. It would be the same if one were staying at many other lodges and camps, like Cottars Camp in Kenya for example or Ulusaba, they ARE the higher end of the market - but that's the market and we must respect each end of the market and peoples particular tastes. It's the same for all products, sometimes the greatest quality comes at a higher price point, for other travellers, they feel they can get what they need or want at a lower price ... it's all down to what each traveller wishes to pay or experience and are happy with.

For now, let's all respect SADC residents and the help they can give one another through these tougher times of loss of revenue etc etc.

All we can do as operators is to push Africa as a destination and accurately educate safari goers.

SADC member countries are included in the original post above. If you ARE an SADC resident, then this is the chance of a lifetime to stay at these camps.

1 person likes this

Asilia properties has stay 3 pay for 2 as well to coincide with their 10th Anniversary. By staying during the green season I am paying around $280 per night including internal flights down. It has helped that we are a group of 3 so the airlines have been happy to provide a service during the low season. Staying 6 nights at three of the camps has also helped.

I would be interested to read your report on Asilia Sam..

post-49296-0-34724400-1431382643_thumb.jpg

~ @PaulTully:

That's a peaceful scene.

It's beyond my limited experience that such places exist.

I love the open-fronted view of the water.

Tom K.

1 person likes this

Jambo to all SafariTalk members. I am quite new here so I have been trying to familiarise myself with the site for a while now. This is a thread that I can contribute to since I am running safaris all over Kenya.

I have offers running for the Great Wildebeest Migration 2015 matching the price bracket above. The price per person per day will be $365. The safari runs over 9 days so adding up to $3,285. The itinerary is briefly as follows:

Day 1 - Day 2: Road transfer to Samburu and 2nights in Samburu game reserve, with accommodation in Ashnil Samburu Camp.

Day 3 - Day 4: Road transfer to Nanyuki and 2nights in Ol Pejeta conservancy, with accommodation at Sweet Waters Serena Camp.

Day 5: Road transfer to Nakuru and 1 night in Lake Nakuru national park, with accommodation in Sarova Lions Hill Game Lodge.

Day 6 - Day 8: Road transfer to Narok and 3 nights in Maasai Mara game reserve, with accommodation in Mara Serena Safari Lodge in the Mara Traingle, so less vehicles and crowds.

Day 9: Road transfer back to Nairobi after morning game drive and breakfast.

The price is for group travel for 6 people in a safari style Land Cruiser 4x4 vehicle with a pop out roof. Price will change depending on number of guests and whether there will be any requirements for a single room whereby single room supplements will apply for $671 for the whole safari. Also included is all park and conservation fees for all the parks visited in this itinerary.

The accommodation as above will be mixed, camps and lodges and all meals are included on full board basis. Water is the car is provided as well as. The game drives we provide are with no limited mileage so we try and show you as much as we can as long as you have the energy. The safari is overland and not by air when changing parks.

For more information and more options you can visit my website http://www.costotours.com/safaris and my company goes by the same name, Costo Tours & Adventure Activities.

Thank you.

Teddy.

Hi we are starting a new tour company Tanzania and also a lodge at Lake Nyasa close to the border of Mozambique.

I have been working with hunting and tourism sense 1996 and now exclusively with photo safaris but for the first time with a company that is mine altogether.

We have bookings for this year in September but starts a little bit before that.
A webpage is on the way it is a little bit secret yet, but you can find it here http://bergstrom78.wix.com/the-artist so maybe not so secret now

We need to adjusted it some more and I need my wonderful wife that also is a English teacher to correct my extremely bad English (o;

You are welcome to look through it any suggestions is always appreciated but remember it is not ready yet. Look through it with your computer I am currently adopting it to mobile phones also.

Most of our safaris are between, 280 to 500 USD and some much more expensive when someone want a really extraordinary safari with luxury or maybe even special permits. They are all-inclusive and in some even flight to or from the parks are included.

Cheers

Hello!!

My name is Maria, Sales Agent of Tabia Safaris.

I would like to introduce you TABIA SAFARIS, a Tour Operator based in Arusha with 15 years of experience. I think this thread is the best one to present you our company because most of our routes fit in this range of prices.

All our safaris are private and tailor made, so the offers below are just to give you an idea of our services and prices. You can go any time of the year, add any park that you wish, change the hotels proposed, add extra activities…

See some of our safaris, and if you want more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!!

SIMBA SAFARI (Northern Tanzania) – 6 days

Tour Operator: Tabia Safaris (http://www.tabiasafaris.com/en/)

Dates: Any day between the 1st of June and the 31st of December of 2016. (During April and May, routes might be cheaper.)

ITINERARY:

DAY 1: AIRPORT / ARUSHA – TARANGIRE (Afternoon game drive)

We pick up our travelers from the hotel where they are staying or from the Kilimanjaro International Airport to Tarangire National Park, where they will go on an afternoon safari.

- Overnight at Angani Tented Lodge, Full Board basis.

DAY 2: TARANGIRE N.P. – LAKE MANYARA (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Angani Tented Lodge, Full Board basis

DAY 3: LAKE MANYARA – NGORONGORO CRATER (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge, Full Board basis

DAY 4: NGORONGORO CRATER – SERENGETI (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Angani Serengeti Camp, Full Board basis.

DAY 5: SERENGETI

DAY 6: SERENGETI - ARUSHA
Transfer to Arusha, either to the airport or to the hotel where the travelers will be staying.

Price (minimum 2 PAX): 1.990$ (330$ pppn)

Price (minimum 4 PAX): 1.690$ (280$ pppn)

Price includes:

- All the transfers shown in the itinerary

- Full Board along the entire route.

- 4x4 Land Cruiser Safari

- 7 seats for 2/4 people

- - 9 seats for 6 people

- Entrance fees of all the parks described

- English speaking guide during the whole safari

- Unlimited water during the safari

Accommodation:

- Angani Tented Lodge: http://www.anganicamps.com/angani-tented-lodge-4/

- Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge: http://www.ngorongoro.cc/

- Angani Serengeti Camp: http://www.anganicamps.com/serengeti-angani-mobile-camp3/

Contact us in order to receive more information!!:)

Kind Regards,

~ @@maria.tabiasafaris

Welcome to Safaritalk!

Thank you for joining us and offering news of your Tanzanian safaris.

It's an attractive itinerary for someone seeking a taste of Tanzania.

A solo safari traveler like me might wonder what the single supplement might be.

It's very good of you to share this with us.

Tom K.

NYUMBU SAFARI (Kenya & Northern Tanzania) – 10 days

Tour Operator: Tabia Safaris (http://www.tabiasafaris.com/en/)

Dates: Any day between the 1st of June and the 21st of December of 2016. (During April and May, routes might be cheaper.)

ITINERARY:

DAY 1: AIRPORT / NAIROBI – NAKURU (Afternoon safari)

We pick up our travelers from the hotel where they are staying or from Nairobi Airport to Lake Nakuru National Park , where they will go on an afternoon safari.

- Overnight at Flamingo Lodge, Full Board basis.

DAY 2: NAKURU – MASAI MARA (Afternoon game drive)

- Overnight at Enkerende Tented Camp, Full Board basis.

DAY 3: MASAI MARA (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Enkerende Tented Camp, Full Board basis.

DAY 4: MASAI MARA – LAKE NAIVASHA (Morning game drive and optional boat safari in Naivasha)

- Overnight at Sopa Resort, Full Board basis.

DAY 5: LAKE NAIVASHA – AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK (Afternoon game drive)

- Overnight at Sopa Lodge, Full Board basis.

DAY 6: AMBOSELI – LAKE MANYARA (Afternoon game drive)

- Overnight at Angani Tented Lodge, Full Board basis

DAY 3: LAKE MANYARA – NGORONGORO CRATER (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge, Full Board basis

DAY 4: NGORONGORO CRATER – SERENGETI (Full day game drive)

DAY 5: SERENGETI

DAY 6: SERENGETI - ARUSHA
Transfer to Arusha, either to the airport or to the hotel where the travelers will be staying.

Price (minimum 2 PAX): 3.350$ (335$ pppn)

Price (minimum 4 PAX): 1690$ (280$ pppn)

Price includes:

- 7 seats for 2/4 people

- 9 seats for 6 people

Accommodation:

- Flamingo Lodge: http://www.flamingolodge.co.za/

- Enkerende Tented Camp: http://www.enkerendesafaris.com/the-camp.html

- Sopa Resort: http://www.sopalodges.com/lake-naivasha-sopa-lodge/overview

- Angani Tented Lodge: http://www.anganicamps.com/angani-tented-lodge-4/

- Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge: http://www.ngorongoro.cc/

- Angani Serengeti Camp: http://www.anganicamps.com/serengeti-angani-mobile-camp3/

~ @@maria.tabiasafaris

Welcome to Safaritalk!

Thank you for joining us and offering news of your Tanzanian safaris.

It's an attractive itinerary for someone seeking a taste of Tanzania.

A solo safari traveler like me might wonder what the single supplement might be.

It's very good of you to share this with us.

Tom K.

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your kind reply!

For the Simba Safari, the single price would be 2.815$; so there would be a supplement of 825$

For the Nyumbu Safari, the single price would be 4.875$, so there would be a supplement of 1.525$

We also give the opportunity to all our travellers to leave their safari open, so in case they are 2 travellers and 1 or 2 people decide to join their safari, the price would decrease for all of them! You can find our next departures in our website!!

If you have any other question, just ask us!! :)

Best Regards,

1 person likes this

Hi everyone!!

See one of our "Open Safaris" that will take place in December 2016. This safari is 100% confirmed, so you only need to say yes! You would be a maximum of 6 people.

ITINERARY:

6th December: AIRPORT / ARUSHA – TARANGIRE (Afternoon game drive)

We pick up our travelers from the hotel where they are staying or from the Kilimanjaro International Airport to Tarangire National Park, where they will go on an afternoon safari.

- Overnight at Tarangire Safari Lodge, Full Board basis.

7th December: TARANGIRE N.P. – LAKE MANYARA (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at The Escarpment Luxury, Full Board basis

8th December: LAKE MANYARA – NGORONGORO CRATER (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Angata Tented, Full Board basis

9th December: NGORONGORO CRATER – SERENGETI (Full day game drive)

- Overnight at Mbuzi Mawe Luxury Camp, Full Board basis.

10th December: SERENGETI

- Overnight at Mbuzi Mawe Luxury Camp, Full Board basis.

11th December: SERENGETI - ARUSHA

SHARED SAFARI:

Price per person (minimum 2 pax): 2.380$ (396$ pppn)

Price includes:

- 7 seats for 2/4 people

- 9 seats for 6 people

Accommodation:

- Tarangire Safari Lodge

- The Escarpment Luxury