A Rambling B&W safari through my files

twaffle

Giraffe and doum, zebra and doum, typical Meru and high key storm = great! All very evocative of the locations

The subtitle to your book has to be "Doum and Gloom in Kenya" :P

Thanks everyone, Doum and Gloom, very good Pault!

I'm glad to have had this opportunity to experiment with these as I have now been able to narrow down a handful to work on more fully. I still have Tanzania from this year to look through but I have enough to go back and process properly, no more rough and ready.

So Paul, you are very inventive, and when I get my exhibition together I'm going to be asking you for a title … which had better be worthy of your wit!!

Sangeeta, thanks for the vote of support. I have a way to go before worthy of a book, but I'm happy to just be on that path. Now if I could just get my general wildlife photos up to scratch I'd be quite content. Sigh...... :blink:

PS I'll have another one of these ramblings to post down the track, when I've determined a goal and a theme.

There were two doum palms astride the dirt road out of camp which we passed between every game drive. I took to calling them the gates of doum. I think it may have stuck. :-D

Wow, these are all very striking. I really like them all but my favorie is the two palm trees w/ the giraffe in the backgound taken at Manyara. You have got quiet an eye Twaffle!

Thanks Kavey, the gates of doom is a fantastic name! :D

PT, glad you like the Manyara image as I put a lot of thought into that capture. Can't wait to get it printed which will be soon, although I have to decide on paper stock which is part of the fun.

• 4 weeks later...
kittykat23uk

Gorgeous work Twaffle!! :D

• 4 months later...

I think this topic needs some new additions Twaffle...

Funny you should mention it Matt, I am working on a new photo essay which will be ready to post in the next day or so, or today if I get time. New thread though.

• 10 months later...

Topping this tasty treat of a thread in case anyone's missed it...

Great stuff, I really miss the darkroom and the smell of fixer in the morning.

Edited by graynomad