A Rambling B&W safari through my files

twaffle

And perhaps one dark one to finish. Another photograph which I took thinking that it would be rather nice as a colour image, given that it was taken in early morning but it just didn't do the scene justice. No one animal here, but if you look closely there is a small tree isolated in the juxtaposition of the two hills in the background. :D

Lewa 2011

gallery_5545_612_153378.jpg

Beautiful work. Keep them coming in the knowledge that they are very appreciated here. First Lewa zebra, Lewa giraffe and Mara rain stand out particularly for me. Last is really neat too - I saw the tree! :D

Thanks Paul, I know that they won't be everyone's cup of tea and that's ok too, but I do appreciate the complimentary responses … who wouldn't. More and more in my safari travels I find that I don't need animals in my photos, but God forbid that I try to do anything remotely creative if they aren't around me. I don't know why that is, but I can't seem to take a decent landscape to save myself here in my own beautiful country.

Oh well, here is a rather eclectic selection of bits and pieces from Meru NP. Some I like more than others ....... :blink:

First off is a Doum Palm in repose (sounds vaguely ephemeral, like an artist should talk?? :P )

gallery_5545_612_179683.jpg

Heading down the road. As you can see, sometimes I choose to add more grain with no rhyme or reason.

gallery_5545_612_247541.jpg

A visitor to our camp site, Kinna Bandas.

gallery_5545_612_10605.jpg

Out by the marshes

gallery_5545_612_155353.jpg

Baobab and friend. Meru National Park

gallery_5545_612_32921.jpg

Greater Egret, Meru National Park

gallery_5545_612_190255.jpg

Baobab and nests, Meru NP, 2011

gallery_5545_612_235883.jpg

Meru NP, 2011

gallery_5545_612_190981.jpg

Down at the Tana River, Meru NP, 2011

gallery_5545_612_189088.jpg

Distinctive silhouettes of Meru NP, 2011

gallery_5545_612_33079.jpg

Typical Meru NP. 2011

gallery_5545_612_111876.jpg

I have to get the exhibition thing sorted first, but maybe I'll get enough of these images together for a book. Some of these are a bit rough and ready and would need a bit more attention before going down that route. Thanks for the vote of confidence though! :)

Edited by wilddog

High Key Storm - Masai Mara, 2011

gallery_5545_612_157649.jpg

Mara Reserve, 2011

gallery_5545_612_125641.jpg

Looking up through the branches of our lunch tree, Mara Triangle, 2011

gallery_5545_612_1764.jpg

Wow. To High Key Storm and the one after.

Thanks Kavey. These are the last 2 because I need to move on to something else. I think everyone (including me) are getting a little tired of them. New visions needed. :D

Another poor old tree in the Mara.

gallery_5545_612_179237.jpg

Finally, the famous Fig Tree at Leopard Gorge.

gallery_5545_612_220052.jpg

Game Warden

Even moreso now that Twaffle has captured it and published it here :)

Super LEEDS

WOW. You've even managed to coax the cloud on the right to look like the tree.

Super Leeds, funny you should say that as it was the first thing my husband noticed but I hadn't seen it myself at all! :lol:

Atravelynn

These are a wonderful collection. It's nice that b&w is giving some of your shots a second chance that were not as striking in color. There is a starkness to the b&w's that is not always there in color.

I agree with all the others - I think these would make a great book. Always think of that other b&w cloudscape of yours that had the red shuka clad Maasai silhouetted against a huge horizon. Very bookworthy. I would buy :)