See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Udzungwa Mountains National Park (Tanzania)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Caracal

Caracal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Local time: 12:45 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Thanks @inyathi for this informative and excellent report and thanks @TonyQ for bringing this back to the fore.

I visited Udzungwa in 2005 on a day trip from Mikumi. The spectacular view from the top of Sanje waterfall brings back great memories.
I never got to see either red colobus or mangabey that day as I'd hoped so have much enjoyed your photos and your descriptions and photos of other sections of the park along with all the detailed info.
  • inyathi likes this
"Moments that touch the soul are always short but they echo pleasantly afterwards"
Stephen Pern - Another Land, Another Sea Walking round Lake Rudolph.

#22 mapumbo

mapumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Local time: 08:45 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

We visited Udzungwa NP in August 2014. We stayed at Udzungwa Falls Lodge. It was pretty upscale for us but a pleasant two night break from an extended mobile camp safari in Southern Tanzania.

There were several in our group in the 60 to 75 year old category and we did the hike up to the top of Sanje Falls. It was a fairly strenuous hike up a well maintained trail. We took our time and all made it to have lunch at the top of the falls. What a great view and privilege to visit this seldom used park. We met only one other tourist and his guide.

We did get a sighting of the red colobus.

Proof of how unknown this park is evidenced that my review in TripAdvisor of Udzungwa NP was the first one done.

#23 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,407 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

...my review in TripAdvisor of Udzungwa NP was the first one done

Never heard of TA... Now, @mapumbo get cracking on a trip report for Safaritalk... ;)

Welcome.

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#24 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

@inyathi Thank you for an excellent traveler report about a place I knew nothing about until now. It would be well worth a stop for a couple of days as part of a longer safari.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.