See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Poha Camp Site Botswana (Camp Maikaelelo )

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A&M

A&M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 AM
  • Category 1:Conservationist/Naturalist
  • Category 2:Born in Africa

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi all,I am looking for a person or small group of people that would be interested in making a small investment in this fantastic camp site.

Will have self drive and 4 or 5 semi luxury tented camp,with a mobile safari,and game drives over a huge area.Best thing about this area is ,there are no other camps or any traffic what so ever.The camp site is situated right on the Chobe Nat Park boundry road as indicated on the map.I have just been up there and never saw anybody or even heard another car for the whole time I was at the camp,only when I got close to the main road 5km or so did I see an army truck going on poaching patrol.

It is in one of the best game areas I have seen and for a 100km radius there is nothing but bush and wild life,except for the chap that sits at Poha gate ,Chobe entrance to Savuti.

This is as wild as it gets,lots of Lion,Elephant ,Buffalo,Sable ,wild dog and all other plains game,traversing over 500,000 HA excluding the Park.

This camp will operate for 7 to 8 months of the year due to thick bush and bad roads,some roads one cannot even attemt with a good 4x4 they are so bad.

Posted Image

Photo of actual camping area,big trees and lots of bush,about 300 m from a water hole that we will keep full in the dry months,as water here dries up and becomes very scarce ,the game will hang around here then and I will put out salt licks as well.

Posted Image

Photo taken from the Seleko Plains back towards the camp and Chobe entrance gate, just 10 km or so up the road from the camp site,this photo shows the boundry road between Chobe ,on the right and the camp area to the left.These plains are vast as you can see on the map,lots of game here after the burn.

Posted Image

Anybody interested in such a project is welcome to come and walk on the wild side for a few days and get an idea of what is to come.

Please feel free to e mail or inbox me here on ST.

Edited by A&M, 24 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#2 Smokie

Smokie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)
  • Category 2:Tourist (first-time visitor)

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi, how far is the development on this site? We are traveling from 22 October in Botswana. We want to enter at Poha Gate. I want some more details about the area. Is it possible to travel from Poha gate directly to Savuti? How is the road conditions?

Edited by Smokie, 04 October 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#3 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,414 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

It is a while since we have seen you here @A&M Welcome back.

Good luck with your project. Perhaps some members will be interested and have the wherewithall to invest.

#4 Antee

Antee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

It was posted 4½ years ago...

#5 wilddog

wilddog

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 2,414 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

Damn, did not notice that. I wonder whether this went ahead.
  • lmonmm likes this

#6 lmonmm

lmonmm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Local time: 05:37 AM

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

Didn't notice the 2012 date either :)   I dreamed for about 4 minutes  :)

• wilddog likes this

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.