See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jochen

Who's on 500px?

20 posts in this topic

I'm a member, but haven't uploaded anything yet.

Jochen,

Lovely site - how does this site compare to other ones you've seen? like Flikr and others?

How come I have downloaded more pics onto that site, but it doesn't show when i go into "photos"? sorry i'm not good at this .........

Searching for stuff appears a little tough?

Hari

Hey Hari,

I got no experience with other photo sites, except for photosig where I was a member ages ago. 500px is just the most easy to use, interface wise (I also really like their app for the iPad).

To answer your other question; I think you must go to your photos page and drag & drop your new fotos over to your collections.

Ciao,

J.

OK. Thanks .......... Lovely photos you have there! Sorry I mis-identified the camera man from the Ngorongoro Crater .......... :lol:

Cheers

Hari

Love the site - Guys, can you point me to some photographers that you follow for Africa related images?

I did find several awesome photos by photographers like Grant Atkinson, David Lloyd, Ken Watkins and few others.

Glad to see you properly online at last, Hari. You see such wonderful tings on your trips.

Only a slight cheetah bias there. :)

Thanks, Paul. A lot of cheetah bias for sure

Thanks, Paul. A lot of cheetah bias for sure

Really?

I hadn't noticed.

:P

Got some experience on the following sites:

Birdphotographers.net (only in the wildlife section): High level and tips are usually very technical, so a bit difficult to follow initially.

Belgiumdigital.com: few wildlife pictures, lots of birds, landscapes and captive animals. High level, sometimes good comments. Dutch (or should I say Flemish :lol: ).

Eosdigitaal.nl: Dutch site, been lurking since recently. Seems a bit an 'oh-ah beautiful'-site.

Nederpix.nl: Again dutch, with a focus on dutch wildlife, which is reflected in the pictures. Right now lots of pictures of moor frogs and the reptiles which come from hibernation, in autumn flooded with pictures of fungi and red deer for example.

Birdpix.nl: Again dutch, sister site of nederpix.nl. Just birds (people also post in english!). Very high technical level, but (in my eyes) not so high creative level (lots of pictures of perfectly exposed and sharp birds on a stick or in the sky).

I've been active for short periods on other sites, but most turned out to be 'oh-ah beautitful' sites where people give you very little constructive advice to help you advance your photography skills. 500px is a bit similar, but with a good system where the really good pictures quickly surface. More a site to showcase the best pictures you have (that's why I haven't uploaded anything yet ;) ).

http://500px.com/gerryvanderwalt

This is one of the photographers i have been following for the past couple of months ...... here is some work of his.

GW - trust it's okay for me to link this here? It's just his page on that 500px site, anyways made available to the public.

Dhruv, since the other topic is now locked, I thought I'd chime in here. Do reconsider your decision to leave. This is a very welcoming community as a whole and it would be awful for anyone who knows and loves wildlife to feel like there is no place for them here on ST because that is simply not the case. This is the Internet so stuff happens sometimes, but I think we should all let bygones be bygones and move on.

I'm following you on that 500px site too, Dhruv ...... (besides on safaritalk).

Re linking to any sites, any member is more than welcome to link to any other site - not a problem. It is my hope that loafer247 also doesn't leave and I've sent a PM to him.

Just joined:

http://500px.com/MagnusHird

So much amazing stuff on there from all you lot, hope it will inspire me :-)

Magnus

Posted (edited)

I usually login in 500px three times a week. For some interesting information.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

studio lighting

camera flash

softbox

Edited by lightday