Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Maasai Mara and Mana Pools Safari

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Macdonald

Doug Macdonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local time: 06:14 PM
  • Category 1:Tour Operator
  • Category 2:Safari Guide

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

This safari is a set date safari starting in Nairobi on the 19th September 2012 and finshing in Victoria Falls on the 30 September. The safari is privately guided by Alan Binks from Ker and Downey Safaris Kenya and Doug Macdonald a professional guide from Zimbabwe.
The basic Itinerary is 4 nights in a Ker and Downey Mobile tented camp on the Masaai Mara - 1 night in Nairobi at Giraffe Manor and a visit to Daphne Sheldricks Elephant Orphanage - Fly to Harare and onto Mana Pools for 4 nights in a mobile tented camp in the Mana Pools National Park - Fly to Victoria Falls for two nights at the Victoria Falls Hotel with activities there including a private trip on the Zambezi River listening to the history of the Falls with a well known local historian, a village tour and trip on the Zambezi Steam train.
This is an amazing safari opportunity for anyone interested in safari and the maximum size of the group will be 10 ensuring a very personalised experience with two very experienced guides in these spectacular areas.
There is limited space so please let me know if you are interested and I shall send through more details of the safari to you.
email: doug@dougmacsafaris.com
Posted Image

Email: doug@dougmacsafaris.com
Tel: +263(0)774 820453

#2 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,810 posts
  • Local time: 07:14 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Doug, can you supply some more details about the Zambezi steam train? I didn't know the old trains were still running. Thanks, Matt

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#3 Atravelynn

Atravelynn

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 7,087 posts
  • Local time: 01:14 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Great combo! Years ago I remember seeing a set itinerary that included the Mara and Mana Pools, though not the Zambezi Steam train, and I thought it was a great combination of contrasts. Yours even has a train!
When you think of a rhino, think of a tree (African proverb)

#4 Doug Macdonald

Doug Macdonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Doug, can you supply some more details about the Zambezi steam train? I didn't know the old trains were still running. Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt
The Victoria Falls Steam Train does a short trip from the Victoria Falls station leaving at 17:30 and takes you on a short journey to the Victoria Falls Railway bridge where it stops and passengers can get out and get some great views of the Falls and then it goes back to the station, the trip includes drinks and snacks on board. The whole trip takes just over to hours and they do this once or twice a week depending on bookings but they do try and get a minimum of 20 people on board.The cost for this is US$70 per head.
Hope that helps
Regards
Doug
Posted Image

#5 Doug Macdonald

Doug Macdonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Great combo! Years ago I remember seeing a set itinerary that included the Mara and Mana Pools, though not the Zambezi Steam train, and I thought it was a great combination of contrasts. Yours even has a train!

Thankyou, those people that come on the safari will have a great time,Alan and I are really looking forward to it. Can I send you the details of the safari? Also you have the option of either doing Gorillas in Rwanda prior to the safari or adding on at the end with Hwange or into Botswana, South Africa etc.
I hope we can interest you to come
Regards
Doug
Posted Image

#6 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

The train trip would start something like this...

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#7 Super LEEDS

Super LEEDS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi Doug

I've pinged you an email for details.

Thanks,

Leeds

#8 Atravelynn

Atravelynn

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 7,087 posts
  • Local time: 01:14 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thankyou, those people that come on the safari will have a great time,Alan and I are really looking forward to it. Can I send you the details of the safari? Also you have the option of either doing Gorillas in Rwanda prior to the safari or adding on at the end with Hwange or into Botswana, South Africa etc.
I hope we can interest you to come
Regards
Doug

The options get better and better, but alas, for someone else this time, not me. I have family obligations during that time frame.
When you think of a rhino, think of a tree (African proverb)

#9 Doug Macdonald

Doug Macdonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi Doug

I've pinged you an email for details.

Thanks,

Leeds

Thankyou I did send some details so please let me know if you have not recieved
Regards
Doug
Posted Image

#10 Lurontravel

Lurontravel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 02:14 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (first-time visitor)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

This safari is a set date safari starting in Nairobi on the 19th September 2012 and finshing in Victoria Falls on the 30 September. The safari is privately guided by Alan Binks from Ker and Downey Safaris Kenya and Doug Macdonald a professional guide from Zimbabwe.
The basic Itinerary is 4 nights in a Ker and Downey Mobile tented camp on the Masaai Mara - 1 night in Nairobi at Giraffe Manor and a visit to Daphne Sheldricks Elephant Orphanage - Fly to Harare and onto Mana Pools for 4 nights in a mobile tented camp in the Mana Pools National Park - Fly to Victoria Falls for two nights at the Victoria Falls Hotel with activities there including a private trip on the Zambezi River listening to the history of the Falls with a well known local historian, a village tour and trip on the Zambezi Steam train.
This is an amazing safari opportunity for anyone interested in safari and the maximum size of the group will be 10 ensuring a very personalised experience with two very experienced guides in these spectacular areas.
There is limited space so please let me know if you are interested and I shall send through more details of the safari to you.
email: doug@dougmacsafaris.com

Hi, this sounds interesting. We are thinking of doing a similar trip to this. We might be interested in this, can you send me the details too, please.
Thanks.

Edited by Lurontravel, 29 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

© 2006 - 2014 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.
Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.