Outstanding trip reports...

Game Warden

So who has just come back from Safari and not yet started / completed their trip report? If not, why not? No excuses now - get writing and organising those photos...

I didn't go on safari so no report to write. :P

africapurohit

That's OK @@JohnR, another photobook will do :D

@@africapurohit That's below the belt :angry:

Actually I already bought credit for the photobook which runs out on November 12 with the idea it would put some pressure on to do something. And I took 1,000 photos at Marwell yesterday mostly of the the new snow leopard cubs. And I took another 1,000 on a trip to Yorkshire.

africapurohit

@@JohnR I hope we can see some of the snow leopard cub photos on here :)

Yeah come on @@JohnR (Maybe if enough people tag him he'll do a trip report... from Marwell. Also we never hear enough about his Namib trips...)

Maybe if enough people tag him he'll do a trip report... from Marwell.

If it gets me off the hook for a bit...

We drove down the M40, A34 and M3 to Marwell Wildlife with the aim of photographing some cats for my annual calendar for friends and family and got there around midday. We immediately went to Africa Valley for a lunch of Hampshire sausages and chips. The only things stirring in Africa Valley were some ostriches which I deemed not worth photographing as they were too far away so I went looking for the snow leopards in the Altai. No sign of movement there on a warm and sunny day.

So next to the Amur leopards, a female Kaia who does not pose for the cameras and a male Akin in a separate enclosure who does.

Akin

post-6125-0-86686500-1381268208_thumb.jpg

Just down from the leopards is a revamped cheetah enclosure with an elevated walkway. Needless to say they were not visible from the walkway but lying in the grass in the sun. Then one stood up and started walking around

post-6125-0-45377400-1381268708_thumb.jpg

The cheetahs had displaced some servals who have been moved to the other end of the park so I headed over to photograph my favourite small cats

post-6125-0-60387700-1381269120_thumb.jpg

On this sunny afternoon I decided some ice cream was essential so headed to one of the kiosks with farm ice cream, passing the Amur tiger enclosure but they were not playing ball so carried on to the snow leopards again. By now it was 4 pm and on previous visits they had become active as it was close to feeding time. Sure enough the cubs were now out and posing with their mother

post-6125-0-54632500-1381267736_thumb.jpg

whilst dad, who is in a separate adjoining enclosure, was posing on a rock

post-6125-0-91358100-1381267711_thumb.jpg

In a period of about 45 minutes I took over 600 photos of the snow leopards, rather more than the 400 I had taken in the previous 4 hours.

:):P:rolleyes:

Edited by JohnR

• 9 months later...

And here I was clicking on this to read your praises for all the 'outstanding' TRs that have been posted recently on ST, Matt smile.gif

Having said that, I second your motion!

That's what I was thinking too!

But considering I did send in stuff from the field I think I deserve a little extra time ...... :rolleyes:

Yes you do deserve some extra time but i am checking here daily :rolleyes:

Mosquito, it's written (going to be short) but the photos are going to take ages. ;)