North & South Tanzania

Atravelynn

When I mention "I did not get a private vehicle" I should clarify that I did not PAY FOR and ARRANGE a private vehicle. In Serengeti I was graciously provided a private vehicle for 3 nights and the couple I did the circuit with also had a private vehicle. That was nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Lynn... I disappeared after that to so some swimming of my own in Krabi and then.... well many things. Thanks for the responses. I just read it all again and it's even better second time around - I was pretty distracted first time around trying to clear things at work before new year -I'm afraid I read it with a sandwich in my mouth and one eye on my Inbox.

By the way, I definitely meant the hair on your head! I thought it looked longer than in the other pictures and couldn't see the face clearly, so thought it was probably not you. I'd never thought of Mahale as a kind of beach destination but it just occurred to me when I saw (what turns out to be) you, that it is. Hence the very rhetorical question.

Swimming in Krabi is intriguing. Thank you for dining with my report if you consider a sandwich dining, which I do. Often my hair is tucked up under my hat.

Definitely pack a swimming suit if you are headed to Mahale, even if you never swim in any lodge/camp pools.