Serengeti Dreamin'

Sangeeta

July 10, 2011

The weaver bird nests at the hotel are just as active as they were when I was here 2 years ago. I feel like I'm saying hello to old friends as I see them they zip back and forth from their nests to the palm tree across the street. They hurry back with palm fronds clutched in their beaks. These birds are reason enough to overnight at the Southern Sun in Dar.

med_gallery_5686_465_1252020.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1798045.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1955716.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1273971.jpg

Next morning, while waiting for our flight to Seronera, we meet Anjum, the wife of travel book writer Graham Mercer. They are en route to Selous. We rush to the bookshop, buy some of his books & promptly prevail upon Graham to sign them for us. Thank you for bargaining for us at the bookstore, Anjum. Thanks also for the very informative & entertaining half-hour spent with both of you before the flight!

Corrugated iron roofs and vast brown landscapes below. Soon the thrumming plane makes us drowsy. Luckily not all of us nod off. There, there - to the right - there, above the clouds, gleams Mt. Kilimanjaro. The window of the airplane is dirty & I know the picture will be fuzzy. But I take it as good omen No. 3 of the morning.

med_gallery_5686_465_643067.jpg

gallery_5686_465_6695.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1144507.jpg

The airport at Arusha is as quaint as ever, but are there many more planes on the runway now?

Nice nip in the air. We order fish & chips & a coffee before heading out to Seronera.

med_gallery_5686_465_1405029.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1256136.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_479796.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_336528.jpg

This mobile safari has been organized for us by Bill Given at the Wild Source and we will use his Safaribeest Mobile facilities on the trip. Our guides through the entire 12 day adventure will be Deo Magoye, Bill's partner in Tz, and Peter Huka. Deo is guide extraordinaire with a long, long list of accomplishments under his belt. Peter is actually a Nomad guide on sabbatical. I spend most of my time with Peter and by the time the trip ends, I think he is guide extraordinaire as well.

What with a late Dar departure, a long Arusha layover, and a stop at Manyara, it's almost 3 PM by the time we land at the Seronera airstrip. The formalities take forever because the phone lines for the credit card transactions are painfully slow. But we finally make it out. "Let's go find some leopards", says Deo, and...

Is this really our very first sighting of the trip??

gallery_5686_465_45506.jpg

gallery_5686_465_79957.jpg

gallery_5686_465_102135.jpg

We have to be at our campsite in Moru by 6 PM, Deo & Peter tell us, we can't linger today. But it's hard not to linger when you see this...

med_gallery_5686_465_27369.jpgmed_gallery_5686_465_129350.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_887372.jpg

And this...

med_gallery_5686_465_44307.jpgmed_gallery_5686_465_1418941.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_167747.jpg

And this...

med_gallery_5686_465_689627.jpgmed_gallery_5686_465_729379.jpg

med_gallery_5686_465_1748837.jpgmed_gallery_5686_465_2132135.jpg

Could that possibly be a leopard?

gallery_5686_465_81375.jpg

Leopard No. 2 you say?

gallery_5686_465_442321.jpg

Wait, wait, that can't possibly be! But it is. Leopard No. 3!

med_gallery_5686_465_866551.jpg

gallery_5686_465_134451.jpg

And soon after that...

gallery_5686_465_1101153.jpg

gallery_5686_465_1642080.jpg

gallery_5686_465_1755781.jpg

We drive past hyenas emerging from their dens, nursing zebra babies, a huge herd of buffalo and the ever-present tommies wiggling and swishing their tails as we pass them.

It's past dusk when we finally reach our Moru special campsite 3 . Hamadi, the camp-in-charge, smiles at us as we clamber out of the 2 Land Cruisers, shaking our heads in wonderment and astonishment. He, and his crew of 6, will remain with us throughout.

A Moru Kopjes sunset.

med_gallery_5686_465_869882.jpg

The campsite is nestled into its own kopje. The tents are large enough to accomodate 3 beds, though it is a bit snug in that configuration. My brother has only 1 bed in his tent and it looks palatial inside! En-suite showers and loos. A mess tent with a bar, dining table and a sofa arrangement.

Hot bucket showers and we gather around the campfire. My first G&T though it's way past sundown by now. This is my brother's first safari. The rest of us are repeats. We try to tell him that the afternoon drive was nowhere near normal, but I suspect he doesn't quite believe us. We're all grinning from ear to ear as we troop in for dinner.

Our first dinner cooked by Dudu, bush chef extraordinaire. Some of us are vegetarian and some not, so this can't be easy for him. But he makes it look easy. We don't repeat a single soup throughout the trip. Today was carrot & cream soup. Delicious. Fresh bush-baked bread. Even more delicious.

I snuggle under my duvet. It's only 9 PM but the hyenas are calling. Have I died and gone to heaven?

Matt - I promise I won't use any more large images in this TR. The light was really bad that 1st evening and I really want to show everyone the incredible sightings we had in 1 short 3 hour period.

Game Warden

Great start so far, and re the images, that's okay then... Look forward to reading more :)

Sangeeta, this has been much awaited. I've been following "The Loch Ness Monster" recently for my (mobile camping) plans to visit the Serengeti in March-April, and am glad you're back and writing.

Great start and look forward to seeing more!

Shreyas

P.S. The day is blessed with 2 different reports started on ST with awesome Leopard sightings...Slurp! ;)

madaboutcheetah

Welcome back, Sangeeta!!! Will eagerly await more! Sounds a fabulous trip!!!!

Wow.

If that sets the tone for your next safari days...

:o

Thanks so much for your kind words, GW, Shreyas, Hari & Jochen.

July 11, 2011

5 AM. "Good Morning. Your water for washing is ready." We will wake up to these same words every morning for the next 10 days.

I jump out of bed under the very amused eyes of my husband and daughter, both of whom are used to dragging me out from under the covers on any non-African vacation. A quick wash, some steaming hot coffee and we pull out of the campsite just as the eastern skies start getting brushed with tints of apricot and rose.

med_gallery_5686_466_880976.jpg

We turn a few corners and there she is, a beautifully poised young lady, waiting for us on a termite mound.

med_gallery_5686_466_571417.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_968377.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_2721890.jpg

At least I think she's a lady - she looks too delicately etched to be anything else. But we soon learn that she's an indecisive young lady, or perhaps just an inexperienced young lady. She's clearly hungry and two groups of tommies are grazing not far away. She looks left, she looks right, a few steps here, a few steps there, and back to the mound she goes.

med_gallery_5686_466_1805400.jpg

We decide to stay with her as she makes up her mind.

med_gallery_5686_466_997836.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_608184.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_1702813.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_922536.jpg

Almost two hours, and finally an unsuccessful chase. I felt sorry for the tommies when she was stalking them. Now I feel sorry for her. We move along and see a lioness stretched out under an acacia tree, not far from our cheetah girl. Perhaps that's why she is so apprehensive.

med_gallery_5686_466_1616299.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_1084101.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_1225760.jpg

Edited by wilddog

A pair of black-backed jackals are out on their morning constitutional. We watch them sniff blades of grass, peer behind rocks, dig up stones and jog briskly across the plains. Their busy gait reminds me of our own dog, Sydney, who never sits still and is forever poking his nose into everything.

med_gallery_5686_466_573121.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_275959.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_16342.jpg

We call it a morning & head back to camp for brunch. I order an Indian style omelette, complete with onions, tomatoes and chillis. But Dudu is wiser than I am. He sends the pili-pili separately. It is fiery hot and only a Tusker can rescue my burning tongue.

Moru Kopjes (pronounced "copies") is a beautiful area of the Serengeti, about 30 kms south of Seronera. The plains are studded with enormous rock outcroppings that have been hewn into fantastic shapes by wind, sand and rain. The plains are dotted with umbrella acacias and the area has an excellent resident population of animals that do not follow the migration. The hills on the horizon are home to most of the wild rhinos of the Serengeti. Moru is also home to Ngong Rock and a Maasai rock painting, both of which we plan to visit today.

The first 2 leopard sightings and the lion-in-tree sighting at Seronera were very busy. But at Moru, only a short distance away, we are alone for the most part. The cheetah sighting above was shared for a while with 2 other vehicles, but since everyone kept a respectful distance from the action, it was all quite unobtrusive.

The afternoon drive brings us to a very arrogant juvenile martial eagle perched on his hyrax kill. He tries to stare us down, and when we don't move, he turns around and does this...

med_gallery_5686_466_500327.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_2253634.jpg

med_gallery_5686_466_2023644.jpg

As we head home for the evening from Ngong Rock,

med_gallery_5686_466_2463234.jpg

a hyena crosses the track in front of us. We follow her along, and uh oh, who can that be?

med_gallery_5686_466_686318.jpg

Hyena-Warthog standoff, Round 1.

med_gallery_5686_466_1415668.jpg

Warthog wins!

med_gallery_5686_466_1261411.jpg

Hyena-Warthog standoff, Round 2.

med_gallery_5686_466_1803069.jpg

Warthog wins again!

med_gallery_5686_466_1153468.jpg

Hyena-Warthog standoff, Round 3.

med_gallery_5686_466_1853577.jpg

Game, set and match to Mr. Warthog.

This is the first time I've actually seen a warthog enter bottom first into its burrow. His triumphant face peering out at me is delightful.

med_gallery_5686_466_2175275.jpg

Soup of the day: Pumpkin-ginger.

Edited by wilddog

What a first day! I'm looking forward to the rest of the days as well.

This is entertaining reading. Thanks Sangeeta.

The next day was a humdinger too. The cheetah is very attractive and I hope she eventually got something to eat.

July 12, 2011

I asked my husband to read through this TR last night and his first comment was that the picture quality was seriously in need of improvement. To whit, a short discussion on what amateur photographers are likely to experience in most areas of the Serengeti.

All pics from Day 2 onwards have been taken by my 16 year old daughter. She was shooting with a Nikon D40 SLR with a 70-300 mm lens. This was her first safari using an SLR so naturally there's room for improvement & thank you for making allowances for her age/inexperience. Having said that, however, it was our experience that off-roading restrictions in the Serengeti make close-ups hard for people who don't have professional or semi-professional camera equipment. Her photographs from Botswana are much sharper though she was using a pretty basic Canon S3 with a teleconvertor lens on that trip. But we were in private concessions there & she was much closer to the animals.

Park rangers are quite serious about enforcing off-roading restrictions. We found this to be especially true in the Moru Kopjes and Bologonja sections of the park. The strict enforcement is probably due to the presence of rhinos in the hills around Moru and in the Nyamalumbwa hills up north. According to our guides, park rangers keep an especially sharp eye out for the rhinos, and since they're always patrolling these areas, chances are that you'll be pulled up by rangers and cited if you're caught off-roading. Apparently it's okay to pull off the track for a picnic etc. They don't seem to mind quick in-and-out photographic forays either provided the animals are reasonably close to the road. But you simply cannot go off-road for any substantial period of time and park yourself at an action-filled spot. This partially explains the poor shots of the cheetah hunt and the hyena-warthog interaction I posted yesterday. Both of these occurred a fair distance from the road.

I go on safari without a camera because I spend all my time looking through my binoculars, so the off-roading restrictions don't bother me as much from a photographic perspective as they do from "wanting to be closer to the action" perspective, but there is no question that we were able to approach animals much more closely in Botswana and in the Mara (and perhaps all the other Kenyan parks? I don't know since I haven't been anywhere else in Kenya). Either way, serious amateurs would be wise to make provisions for the off-roading limitations that are prevalent in Tz parks.

Some highlights of the day:

med_gallery_5686_467_1484255.jpg

Moru sunrise.

med_gallery_5686_467_370012.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_748957.jpg

Lioness with cubs.

This is one of those quick in-and-out photo forays since mom & cubs are not far from the road.

med_gallery_5686_467_361006.jpg

Tommie drinking water. Peter tells us that this is an unusual sight because tommies can go without actually drinking water for long periods of time since they obtain their moisture from the dewy grasses.

med_gallery_5686_467_2556534.jpgmed_gallery_5686_467_2075407.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_2926106.jpg

Cheetah brothers. We only spot these guys because Deo happens to see 1 of them pop his head up for a brief moment. They are very well hidden in the tall grass.

med_gallery_5686_467_488970.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_75653.jpg

Mess tent and our tents.

Today we meet a very, very relaxed bull ele who, in the short space of half an hour, insists on showing us all aspects of proper ele behavior.

med_gallery_5686_467_2019146.jpg

This is the way I eat my food...

med_gallery_5686_467_1433197.jpg

This is the way I play with my water...

med_gallery_5686_467_1274306.jpg

This is the way I dust myself...

med_gallery_5686_467_999186.jpg

This is the way I flap my ears...

med_gallery_5686_467_1448069.jpg

This is the way I fling my mud...

med_gallery_5686_467_2631268.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_1254812.jpg

This is the way I scratch myself...

med_gallery_5686_467_1765975.jpg

This is the way I say goodbye.

He is truly a heart-warming ele. He obligingly goes to the bathroom for us as well, but I think I'll keep his dignity intact...

The only "no soup" day of the trip. Dudu is busy baking a cake for our friends G & R who are celebrating an anniversary tonight. He also needs to pack breakfast & lunch for the group because tomorrow we break camp & move to Grumeti.

Good observations on photography and lovely photos of the obliging elephant.

As far as off reading in the Mara my understanding of the rules is this. On the form you are given on entry it says you can off road in a direct line taking the shortest route to a sighting of lion, cheetah, rhino, leopard. You need to drive back out on the same track you made going in. There was a time limit I think. The reserve was tightening up off road rules but I don't remember a printed sheet expressing these. Mara North still allowed off roading.

Whilst it is great to get close to animals, if we want to protect the wilderness and also keep prices low enough for everyone to go, we just have to accept that off roading is pretty destructive, anti conservation behaviour

Sorry about the predictive text errors on roading (I corrected roaring, reading once) I can't preview or edit on my iPhone. :(

MARVELLOUS, just loving this, Sangeeta!

Me too! Love reading this report and seeing pics. Thanks for posting.

USAnimalfan

WOW- particularly like your cheetah pictures!!

Serengeti is our next Africa trip!!

safari maniac

July 12, 2011

I asked my husband to read through this TR last night and his first comment was that the picture quality was seriously in need of improvement. To whit, a short discussion on what amateur photographers are likely to experience in most areas of the Serengeti.

All pics from Day 2 onwards have been taken by my 16 year old daughter. She was shooting with a Nikon D40 SLR with a 70-300 mm lens. This was her first safari using an SLR so naturally there's room for improvement & thank you for making allowances for her age/inexperience. Having said that, however, it was our experience that off-roading restrictions in the Serengeti make close-ups hard for people who don't have professional or semi-professional camera equipment. Her photographs from Botswana are much sharper though she was using a pretty basic Canon S3 with a teleconvertor lens on that trip. But we were in private concessions there & she was much closer to the animals.

Park rangers are quite serious about enforcing off-roading restrictions. We found this to be especially true in the Moru Kopjes and Bologonja sections of the park. The strict enforcement is probably due to the presence of rhinos in the hills around Moru and in the Nyamalumbwa hills up north. According to our guides, park rangers keep an especially sharp eye out for the rhinos, and since they're always patrolling these areas, chances are that you'll be pulled up by rangers and cited if you're caught off-roading. Apparently it's okay to pull off the track for a picnic etc. They don't seem to mind quick in-and-out photographic forays either provided the animals are reasonably close to the road. But you simply cannot go off-road for any substantial period of time and park yourself at an action-filled spot. This partially explains the poor shots of the cheetah hunt and the hyena-warthog interaction I posted yesterday. Both of these occurred a fair distance from the road.

I go on safari without a camera because I spend all my time looking through my binoculars, so the off-roading restrictions don't bother me as much from a photographic perspective as they do from "wanting to be closer to the action" perspective, but there is no question that we were able to approach animals much more closely in Botswana and in the Mara (and perhaps all the other Kenyan parks? I don't know since I haven't been anywhere else in Kenya). Either way, serious amateurs would be wise to make provisions for the off-roading limitations that are prevalent in Tz parks.

Some highlights of the day:

med_gallery_5686_467_1484255.jpg

Moru sunrise.

med_gallery_5686_467_370012.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_748957.jpg

Lioness with cubs.

This is one of those quick in-and-out photo forays since mom & cubs are not far from the road.

med_gallery_5686_467_361006.jpg

Tommie drinking water. Peter tells us that this is an unusual sight because tommies can go without actually drinking water for long periods of time since they obtain their moisture from the dewy grasses.

med_gallery_5686_467_2556534.jpgmed_gallery_5686_467_2075407.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_2926106.jpg

Cheetah brothers. We only spot these guys because Deo happens to see 1 of them pop his head up for a brief moment. They are very well hidden in the tall grass.

med_gallery_5686_467_488970.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_75653.jpg

Mess tent and our tents.

Today we meet a very, very relaxed bull ele who, in the short space of half an hour, insists on showing us all aspects of proper ele behavior.

med_gallery_5686_467_2019146.jpg

This is the way I eat my food...

med_gallery_5686_467_1433197.jpg

This is the way I play with my water...

med_gallery_5686_467_1274306.jpg

This is the way I dust myself...

med_gallery_5686_467_999186.jpg

This is the way I flap my ears...

med_gallery_5686_467_1448069.jpg

This is the way I fling my mud...

med_gallery_5686_467_2631268.jpg

med_gallery_5686_467_1254812.jpg

This is the way I scratch myself...

med_gallery_5686_467_1765975.jpg

This is the way I say goodbye.

He is truly a heart-warming ele. He obligingly goes to the bathroom for us as well, but I think I'll keep his dignity intact...

The only "no soup" day of the trip. Dudu is busy baking a cake for our friends G & R who are celebrating an anniversary tonight. He also needs to pack breakfast & lunch for the group because tomorrow we break camp & move to Grumeti.

Thanks so much, divewop,  Twaffle, Tanya, USAnimalfan, Kavey & cris & Lynn. It's so encouraging to get positive feedback - makes me feel like it was worth my while finally learning how to upload images on ST!

I actually agree with Twaffle, that off-roading is essentially destructive behavior and that it's no good at all for conservation efforts. And I commend TANAPA for enforcing their regulations. You're probably already well equipped with the right lenses etc. for distance photography, Twaffle. It caught us a little off-guard and hopefully other amateurs can learn from my experience.

Interesting observation about the soil conditions. I suspect you're completely right about that being the reason why some off-roading is permitted in the southern plains & the NCA. About the Lamai wedge - the rangers specifically asked us not to veer off the tracks while we were up there, so they are indeed in the process of tightening regulations as the area gets busier.

We'll keep the masala omlette on the menu for 2013, Tanya_1976. Perhaps we should send Doug an advance recipe for next year too :)

Good to see you here, Safarimaniac. Feel free to correct me at any point - you know this safari as well as I do.

Edited by wilddog

July 13, 2011

This Lugga's Hopping!

It all starts with the lion cubs & the gazelle carcass. We set off early for the lugga today, hoping our lioness & her cubs from yesterday will be closer to the road. No sign of the cubs, but we do stumble across a gazelle carcass and 2 interested looking jackals sniffing at it.

Peter scans the horizon and gestures to the left. Ah, several of the pride lionesses are spread up and down the lugga, some walking purposefully. Peter points again. There is a small group of buffalo heading this way for a drink. The action is unfolding some distance away, but we decide not to move in closer because the noise of the cars may disturb the animals.

med_gallery_5686_468_2320811.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_1921094.jpg

Lionesses with a purpose

One of the lionesses slinks into the gully, another two hide in some bushes nearby, while 3 stay out in the open. Classic ambush, whispers Peter. Watch.

But before we can truly take all of this in, Peter and his binoculars point urgently towards some other trees to the west. Boy, you guys are lucky, he says, that's a rhino. We scramble to see, and sure enough, through a canopy of 2 trees, we see not one, but a whole family of rhinos - mom, dad and baby!

med_gallery_5686_468_2844526.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_1536473.jpg

med_gallery_5686_468_618413.jpg

Rhino family

I have been privileged to walk with rhinos at the rhino sanctuary near the Mara and been thrilled at seeing them at close quarters. But it's just as thrilling to see them from afar, especially since I know that these are wild, free-roaming rhino who may simply have chosen to browse elsewhere today.

We're still admiring the rhinos when there's a nudge from Peter. Over to the right, the unsuspecting buff have walked straight into the trap! A few seconds pass, and the lionesses out in the open begin chasing the buffalo straight towards the gully. But as the poet said, the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley... The next thing we see, the buffalo come to hard stop, turn around and chase the lionesses right back!

med_gallery_5686_468_317634.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_1549490.jpg

Lion chase buffalo

(No pics of the reverse chase, sorry!)

All that running back and forth has flushed 3 bewildered-looking reedbuck from the bushes. They have no idea who is chasing what. Having won the skirmish, the buffalo descend triumphantly into the lugga for a drink.

med_gallery_5686_468_2918627.jpg

Bewildered reedbuck

We turn back to the rhino just in time to see the male mark his territory, and in a trice, the female is on him. Rhino standoff. Peter tells us that one important reason for the low breeding success in rhinos is the agression shown by the females. Sure enough, the female rhino has taken umbrage at this whole territory marking display thing and looks quite ready to gore the male! He stands in front of her looking like the picture of contrition.

med_gallery_5686_468_3236748.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_2799443.jpg

Rhino face-off

Look at that lone buffalo, whispers Peter. He's very close to the lionesses that are still hiding in the bushes! Our heads swivel back to the lion-buffalo bushes. We can't see the lionesses or much of anything, but is that a flicker of movement there? The unsuspecting buffalo continues to graze on placidly.

A bark of laughter from Peter. Look, look who's coming this way? Stage far, far left. Enter a procession of elephants! Sure enough, a nice long procession of elephants is ambling merrily into this beehive of activity. Closer, closer and... yes, they've smelt the lions.

med_gallery_5686_468_900739.jpg

Enter eles - stage left

med_gallery_5686_468_1658503.jpg

We smell lion

At this point, the visible lionesses give up in disgust. The three visible sisters plunk down in the shade of some trees and decide to recuse themselves from any further activity this morning.

med_gallery_5686_468_291649.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_295535.jpg

Disgusted lionesses give up for the day

The eles are approaching the lioness bushes... yup, those two give up the game as well and come out into the open. The buffalo has no idea how close he came to disaster. When we turn back to the rhinos, they look like they've made up too.

med_gallery_5686_468_2239449.jpg

I see you

gallery_5686_468_388309.jpggallery_5686_468_943021.jpg

gallery_5686_468_1072857.jpg

Lionesses emerging from bushes

(Matt - simply can't see the lionesses coming out of the bushes with smaller pics!)

At this point, I won't be surprised at all if a leopard jumps down from a tree and I get the Big 5 in one fell swoop. We retire to "Chapati Rock" for a well-deserved breakfast.

med_gallery_5686_468_1501106.jpg

Astounded audience on Chapati Rock

But remember I said it all began with the cubs and the carcass? One of the lionesses is looking intently at the horizon. She walks towards us. She totally ignores the bewildered reedbuck. She completely ignores the tommie bravely standing his ground. This mom wants that carcass... and drags it away for her babies.

med_gallery_5686_468_155402.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_1742774.jpg

med_gallery_5686_468_2627924.jpg

med_gallery_5686_468_988883.jpgmed_gallery_5686_468_1622386.jpg

As for us, two kilometers and six hours later, we finally leave for Grumeti!

(This has been one of the most remarkable days I've ever spent in the bush. I wish I had the words and pictures to really describe what it felt like to observe these events unfold before my eyes. In the end, nothing very dramatic happened. There was no kill and the only blood and gore came from an already eaten-up carcass. But we had the privilege of watching a variety of animals behave naturally in front of us like we didn't exist at all. That old adage is correct. You only need to stop and listen to the bush. More often than not, things will happen.)

Sangeeta,

What a great report and great photos! I am glad that you had such teriffic sightings - three leopards, that is heaven!

Cheers,

PT123

Edited by PT123

richardafrica

Thanks for sharing. Great report so far... its getting me excited, as I leave in 24 days for my next Safari!!!

Wow, what a spot you were at, just to sit in one place and witness so much. WONDERFUL!

Amazing activity, glad you were prepared and able to sit and watch.