Tigers and Then Some

Atravelynn

Lynn, this is the most informative piece of information I've ever read on tiger safaris - amazing details and photos. Being born in India, a tiger safari there is a definite must-do for me in the future. I have done a trip to Gir to see the lions (2001) but have always been putting off the tiger safari. This report has inspired me to consider it more seriously.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atravelynn

• twaffle

• cris

• Game Warden

Thanks for the nice comments. I just got back here to notice the questions.

The AndBeyond vehicles are bigger and not the Gypsies used by everyone else. Some of the naturalists and drivers did not care for the larger vehicles because they felt they hindered everybody else's ability to maneuver quickly and to see. They felt the big vehicles did more damage to the sides of the roads when they turned around and reversed. Also I think the AndBeyond vehicles are diesel, which also was a mark against them.

I noticed when we stopped for breakfast if AndBeyond was around, their breakfasts were the fanciest.

Recently AndBeyond sponsored the relocation of 14 Gaur to Bandhavgarh from Kanha. The press releases and info I had read before going to India seemed very positive. Some of the Kanha folks I spoke with were not at all happy about the relocation and felt that it would negatively impact Kanha.

In general there seemed to be some resentment about AndBeyond in India, especially the vehicle size. I was surprised that when I asked around about AndBeyond that the response was as negative as it was.

I don't know much about the actual properties of AndBeyond in India.

Hari has used AndBeyond in India and had a good impressions.