Overland Kariba.

Bugs

Thanks. Cant wait to visit Mana.

Here are a few more photos.

gallery_4095_429_12804.jpg

A few more photos.. When we left the island was an island. In the few days that we had been there the water level must have come up almost a meter closing the entrance road with water.

On the way back we past through some sights.

gallery_4095_429_27079.jpg

Cotton industry still strong.. Along the road were many pick up points and we saw many donkey/cattle carts carrying cotton into these points.

We spent the last night at Matopos. Absolutely beautiful. Is a pity that we had to rush through, and we are keen to go back there and spend some time.

gallery_4095_429_41773.jpg

gallery_4095_429_27597.jpg

gallery_4095_429_11360.jpg

I didn´t know the rock formations of Matopos were made by womem ... :lol:

I didn´t know the rock formations of Matopos were made by women ... :lol:

:blink:

Surely you know it's mother earth, Sverker.

;)

I didn´t know the rock formations of Matopos were made by women ... :lol:

:blink:

Surely you know it's mother earth, Sverker.

;)

... yes, you are right - and now I have seen her on dikdiks photo! :lol:

Edited by Sverker

• 4 months later...

Can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing this!! What a great report. Particularly liked the ele video, and agree totally that there's a great deal to be said for downtime like this with the animals. The trailer looks like serious adventure :)

Fascinating report Dik Dik (by the way why has your signature disappeared?!) Love the pictures of the birds and the eles at the lodge. Its a bit like reading TP's latest book, did you follow him around? Looking forward to the rest.

Cheers chaps - I missed the last few comments.

Good one Sverker. You cant leave women alone for long and they move the furniture around again.

Off this week to collect my Jeep and trailer. They have been standing for a long time in Bots and my plan to take more time off has not worked out.

I should change my signature to something like "life is like a box of chocolates,... if you don't eat them, someone else will"