Ranthambhore tiger database

Game Warden

Game Warden

Working directly with Dharmendra Khandal of www.tigerwatch.net, Safaritalk India is going to build a photographic database of Ranthambhore's tiger population, featuring relevant ID information and updates on each individual tiger. This will help those going to Ranthambhore in future, but also assist Tiger Watch with their research work. Dharmendra has Ph.D in Botany and 10 years in field, is lead field biologist with Tiger Watch - he is a young conservationist whose work has been featured in National Geographic Adventure here.

madaboutcheetah

Awesome. Hopefully he will contribute to Safaritalk when time permits .......

The monsoon has just about set, and all parks up north in Madhya Pradesh and Rajastan will close shop for the season. Hopefully the Tigers survive the poachers and the parks are well protected by the task force....

This is an interesting addition which I think is very welcomed. Tigers are such a natural fit for anyone interested in African safaris.

Game Warden

The first tiger featured is Sundari (T-17). Click here to see more...

• 1 month later...
kittykat23uk

My firend recently went to Ranthambhore and had a great sighting of a tigress on a kill. Is there somewhere she could send her pics to? :D

• 2 months later...
anurag sharma

The park is now open for visitors- three tigers have been sighted so far T16( machli), T17( machli's daughter) & T24(male). Machli has once again bravely survived a tough monsoon season, the oldest & most famous tigress of Ranthambhore is still obliging visitors. She is truly forever Queen of Ranthambhore

• 4 years later...

In my opinion these 20 tigers will be the ones that most visitors will get to see in Zones 1 till 8 in Ranthambhore tiger reserve. I have not included T 6 and Sultan as I doubt if they will come back to the tourism zone. There are a few other tigers that are occasionally seen in Zones 1 - 8 but I do not have clear ID marks of those as yet. Will keep adding them as and when I get the data. I do not have many pictures from Zone 9 and 10 (as I rarely go there) so I have not included the tigers that are seen in these two zones.

i-5rCTFZ8-XL.jpg

i-5xMdzjz-XL.jpg

i-WC2jVNc-XL.jpg

i-Rc2XQv9-XL.jpg

i-ntcKtBs-XL.jpg

i-SdHv6sq-XL.jpg

i-r39KDnR-XL.jpg

i-8TzBFsH-L.jpg

i-27bxk83-XL.jpg

i-dHHLqwX-XL.jpg

i-9Lsnkr6-XL.jpg

i-fHtNz3g-XL.jpg

i-4zcVbtz-XL.jpg

i-C32Kxcz-XL.jpg

i-hFx3trQ-XL.jpg

i-vQZnHp7-XL.jpg

i-5PTsL68-XL.jpg

i-BDf7TZg-XL.jpg

i-rkzV88T-XL.jpg

i-38NQZbN-XL.jpg

@@dickysingh Fantastic, thank you so much Dicky. Each must have their own character, how likely is it that one can expect to see more than one on a game drive?

Matt