See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Charlotte Shidegwa's Mondesa Township Tours Newsletter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thembi

Thembi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Long Listed ...2007 Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards

2007 Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards - www.responsibletourismawards.com

Safaritalk is proud to announce that Charlotte Shidegwa's Mondesa Township Tours in Swakopmund, Nambia has been long listed for Best for Conservation of Cultural Heritage category one of 180 organisations, destinations and individuals long listed for a Responsible Tourism Award’.

Posted Image

Charlotte Shigwedha

Charlotte has received notification from the Responsible Tourism Awards manager of her inclusion in the long list. The Awards will be presented on Wednesday 14th November at World Travel Market (Excel, London Docklands) at the first ever WTM World Responsible Tourism Day. All those selected as winners will be notified in advance and asked to attend. Winners will be publicised in The Times, Geographical magazine, responsibletravel.com, worldwide media, and a dedicated Responsible Tourism Awards magazine – new for 2007.

Full details of the Awards including category sponsors, the judging process and last year’s winners can be found at www.responsibletourismawards.com

To visit Charlotte's Mondesa Township Tours website click here:

http://www.mondesatownshiptours.com/

#2 Thembi

Thembi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

Mondesa Township Tours wins Jet Award

On 12 July 2007 Charlotte Shidegwa received very good news indeed. Charlotte's Modensa Township Tours is the recipient of R15,000 and as importantly additional non-finncial support may consist of training, branding or marketing depending on Charlotte's buisness needs.

On receiving the letter confirming the win Charlotte said

" This is very exciting. Mondesa Township Tours brings international travellers to our Township and helps build understanding between our cultures. This award will assist all of us here at Mondesa Township Tours to reach a wider audience and bring benefits to the local communities. I am very pleased for all of us!"

________________________()_________________________

The 2007 Jet Community Awards are hosted by Edcom and posted on the SANGO website , A development information portal for NGO's in South Africa.

The Southern Africa's leading grassroots community awards - the Jet Community Awards. Over the past four years the Award has enjoyed increasing recognition by offering unequalled benefits and ensuring sustained impact for the community winners. A meticulous verification process, through which 24 regional winners and four overall winners are selected, underscores Jet's aim of acknowledging and supporting the very best community based organisations in the region. In addition to receiving business management scholarships the winners share in an astounding 520 000 ºº in prize money.

To learn more about the award click here:

www.sangonet.org.za

#3 Thembi

Thembi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Charlotte's News - Jet Award

Dear All

I would like to share with you another achievement of MONDESA TOWNSHIP TOURS. This Award would not have been possible with out your support. I was very happy to receive it on 26/07/2007 in Johannesburg South Africa.

Posted Image

Mondesa Township Tours was awarded in the Category of: VUKUZENZELE: Working in towards developments centers and entrepreneurs creating community jobs. BUSINESS OWNED BY BLACK WOMEN

As you all know Mondesa Township Tours aim is to promote and uplift it's community and empower other young people and women in the community to become Entrepreneurs and do something for themselves

I believe that one does not need to be successful to make a difference in someone's else's life but it is the little you give that makes a difference..

Do all you can / with what you have / in the time you have / in the place you are. — Nkosi Johnson

My aim is to pledge back the N$10 000 back in to my community projects, kindergartens, orphanage homes, and support to women that is running small business like mine.

Soon we will upgrade our website where you will be able to see, all community work for the new year..

Warm regards
Charlotte Shigwedha
Managing Director
Mondesa Township Tours
Swakopmund
Namibia

Contact Details
Telephone: 00264 64 461220
Telefax: 00264 64 461220
Handy: 00264 81 273 4361
Email: info@mondesatownshiptours.com, township@mweb.com

Web: www.mondesatownshiptours.com

Mondesa is a melting pot of cultures and people it welcomes you to a journey full of laughter and good memories to take with.

#4 Thembi

Thembi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

...fly fly butterfly - on the way to see the fishes...

Posted Image

Dear All

On Friday 10 August, Mondesa Township Tours took the kids from Lucky Kindergarten on a tour to Swakopmund and the Aquarium, most of these kids have never been to Swakopmund, let alone ever seen living fishes in the Aquarium.

The tour started at 10.30am where we pick them up to go to the seaside, once all the 30 kids and 2 teachers was on board, I could hear the kids laughing and shouting out loud – “oh my god! we are going to the seaside to see the fishes”.

Posted Image

We had snacks on our way back. Thanks to all that make this trip to town for the kids possible, especially the tourists that gave direct contributions in the Donation Box. Thank you. The kids will remember this for a long time and my heart swells to see them so happy.

Posted Image

Warm Regards
Charlotte Shidegwa
Mondesa Township Tours

#5 Thembi

Thembi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

It is sad news we bring you. Charlotte Shigwedha - Angula died as the result of a car accident on 31 August 2009.
There is more information here: Vale Charlotte

#6 tshatona

tshatona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Charlotte's News - Jet Award

Dear All

I would like to share with you another achievement of MONDESA TOWNSHIP TOURS. This Award would not have been possible with out your support. I was very happy to receive it on 26/07/2007 in Johannesburg South Africa.

Posted Image

Mondesa Township Tours was awarded in the Category of: VUKUZENZELE: Working in towards developments centers and entrepreneurs creating community jobs. BUSINESS OWNED BY BLACK WOMEN

As you all know Mondesa Township Tours aim is to promote and uplift it's community and empower other young people and women in the community to become Entrepreneurs and do something for themselves

I believe that one does not need to be successful to make a difference in someone's else's life but it is the little you give that makes a difference..

Do all you can / with what you have / in the time you have / in the place you are. — Nkosi Johnson

My aim is to pledge back the N$10 000 back in to my community projects, kindergartens, orphanage homes, and support to women that is running small business like mine.

Soon we will upgrade our website where you will be able to see, all community work for the new year..

Warm regards
Charlotte Shigwedha
Managing Director
Mondesa Township Tours
Swakopmund
Namibia

Contact Details
Telephone: 00264 64 461220
Telefax: 00264 64 461220
Handy: 00264 81 21 51 701
Email: info@mondesatownshiptours.com, township@mweb.com

Web: www.mondesatownshiptours.com

Mondesa is a melting pot of cultures and people it welcomes you to a journey full of laughter and good memories to take with.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.