Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Another rhino in Zim.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,535 posts
  • Local time: 06:09 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

From Poaching Intelligence, Facebook:

NEWS OUT OF ZIMBABWE, WHITE RHINO SHOT WHILE DRINKING, AND HORN HACKED OFF WITH PANGAS, REPORT FROM MARK BRIGHTMAN

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#2 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Critically Endangered Black Rhino Brutally Slaughtered in Zimbabwe [Warning: Extremely Graphic Images] reports www.rhinoconservation.org .

This black rhino bull was shot in the brain yesterday while he drank from a watering hole in Zimbabwe. The wildlife trade monitoring network TRAFFIC reports that rhino horn is now leaving southern Africa within hours of being obtained.

To read the full article click here.

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#3 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 7,453 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Matt, I can't even read these reports any more. This appears to need the countries concerned to declare genuine war on these criminal groups but they are so underfunded. If it was oil, the big guns would be out there firing. Despair, Matt, no other word for it!

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#4 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

Yes, I'm not posting these reports from a voyeuristic pleasure, it's really depressing me how often these reports are coming out, on an increasing level. But it's important the news is coming out.

#5 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 7,453 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:37 AM

I know Matt, you are doing the right thing. It is hard though .......

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#6 divewop

divewop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 10:09 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, every day, there's more depressing news on an endangered or threatened species being massacred. Apparently, reasoning with these "folks" or trying to take them to court isn't doing any good so I (my opinion, guys)
think it is high time we pull out the big guns. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Twaffle, you hit the nail on the head; if it was oil or gold or diamonds or some other "valuable commodity" (and to me wildlife is a valuable commodity) there would be no argument that proper force would be used in stopping these atrocities.

© 2006 - 2014 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.
Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.