See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Corncrakes, Scotlandís rarest birds recover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,459 posts
  • Local time: 02:52 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

Reports www.timesofmalta.com.

The population of one of Scotlandís rarest birds the corncrakes has increased for the first time in three years, a wildlife charity said yesterday. The number of male singing corncrakes, an elusive farmland species which migrates to Scotland from sub-Saharan Africa, rose this year to just under 1,200, RSPB Scotland said.

To read the full article click here.

Strange that I found this report in a Maltese newspaper site, not one from the UK. Perhaps it's not a news worthy event in Scotland?

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#2 JohnR

JohnR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • Local time: 02:52 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

There was an article in the Daily Mail a couple of days ago and on the RSPB website in September.

For conservation in general and birds in particular, I follow the RSPB twitter feed @Natures_Voice
What pays stays.

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.