Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Let's see your old self drive pictures...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 14,178 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

From back in the day. Old Series III Landrovers, battered old Landcruisers, rooftop tents and campsites. Sideburns and beards etc etc. Let's have some self drive nostalgia...

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#2 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 7,856 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 PM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

Could I put a link to my old trip report? Or perhaps I could scan in more photos particularly of our Kombi and tent. It's been a long time since I've done the self drive thing apart from here in Oz, of course.

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#3 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 14,178 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

I really want to see photos of the VW Kombi and tent set up!

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#4 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 7,856 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 PM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

Well, I'll do my best but please be patient. I'm in the process of moving my mother into our house to live with us so it is all go painting, furniture moving, planting new gardens etc.etc. Actually it will be a pleasure to go through some of the old slides again, finding some that you might like.

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

© 2006 - 2014 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.
Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.