Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

CAN ANYONE LET ME HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 samburumags

samburumags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Local time: 09:04 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I dont quite know how to ask this or indeed if it is even possible but our choir in France, Le Chorale International de Capestang are performing an African piece called Zimbe, written by the composer Alexander L'Estrange in June this year. Not many of the members know African music and I have been asked by our conductor if I can give a slide show of African pictures accompanied by discs (which we have) of African choirs, in order that the members can get an idea of what they should sound like. I have started to put together this presentation but to be honest I have not got enough photos and am looking for pictures of people in African dress, street scenes, scenes of the savannah, Maasai villages etc. If anyone can provide me with help it would be fantastic. These pictures would ONLY be used for this purpose and would not be passed onto anyone else. As I say I dont know whether this is possible or allowed but I can only ask.

Thank you all for reading this post.
But, in the gathering darkness, deep behind my soul, someone, something whispers "Africa"" (Mark Owens "Secrets of the Savannah")

#2 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,531 posts
  • Local time: 08:04 AM
  • Category 2:---

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Anything suitable you can find in my albums, feel free, if that's what you are talking about. I don't have any proper slides though. Matt

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#3 twaffle

twaffle

Order of the Pith

• Moderators
  • 7,453 posts
  • Local time: 04:34 PM
  • Category 1:Wildlife Photographer/Artist
  • Category 2:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Samburumags, no problem. Send me a PM and give me info on format you need and an address and I'll send you some.

… clarity in thought comes after challenge …

#4 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,531 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Alternative; give them all a sundowner, sit them round the PC and get them all looking through Safaritalk... :P

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#5 JohnR

JohnR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

You can use any of the photos in the galleries on my blog

http://blogs.warwick...k/johnrawnsley/

or on here or on

http://web.mac.com/jhrawnsley/
Homo sapiens are intelligent enough to destroy the Earth -- but not intelligent enough not to.

#6 samburumags

samburumags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Local time: 09:04 AM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I must apologise to all of you and thank you for all your help. I have only received an email notification of one answer to my request> Its only because I am browsing through the forum today that I have found your replies, thank you all so much. I will now send an email to the ST boss and ask him to sort out my problem.
But, in the gathering darkness, deep behind my soul, someone, something whispers "Africa"" (Mark Owens "Secrets of the Savannah")

© 2006 - 2014 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.
Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.