Game Warden

Interviewees needed.

21 posts in this topic

Due to a number of long outstanding interviews that have not been returned, I am need of new subjects for the interview section. If you have any suggestions, and more importantly contacts of people who would be willing to answer some questions, please let me know, whether they be involved in conservation work, community projects, photography, journalism in Africa etc.

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Love a challenge! I'll put my thinking cap on.

Will Travers, Born Free Foundation?

Daj - I've actually been speaking with Will over this weekend about this very thing and featuring a more indepth look into the work of Born Free! Stay tuned for updates. Thanks.

Great, I saw he had good questions for the Commissioner, and it reminded me that he'd be a good candidate, I've seen him a few times at Born Free events and he's (obviously!) passionate about wildlife & conservation. Looking forward to seeing the interview with Roy Blackbeard (was it some kind of tourism/conservation event you attended, if you don't mind me asking?)

Indeed it was, the Lisbon Tourism Fair (BTL). Thanks to Paolo who alerted me to the fact that the National Geographic was to premier "Africa's Lost Eden", everything snowballed into one hectic week which resulted in time spent with Greg Carr, Roy Blackbeard, TANAPA officers, (hence the great giveaway) and a real shot of energy for Safaritalk which I really have to springboard off. If I can just sort out invites to Indaba and the airfare now...

Re: Interviewees needed

Matt,

are you still looking for Interviewees?

Have you tried David Lemon,

Author, Journalist, Public Speaker, Adventurer and General Labourer,* but with choice I would describe myself as an 'Elephant Man

You can contact him HERE¬

I am sure he would make a fine candidate.

I'm heading to Namibia soonish and would be very interested in reading an interview with the Australian photographer Christopher Rimmer who has done some remarkable work over there. You can contact him here My link

Also Dr.Laurie Marker of the Cheetah Conservation Fund in Namibia is a very interesting person and I'm sure would make a fantastic interviewee.

Sean

Sean, and to quote a famous TV program, "here's one I prepared earlier" - Dr. Laurie Marker...

Have you read the other Safaritalk interviews here?

Oops! I'll check out the one with Dr. Marker. I have read a few of the others.

Some suggestions:

How about interviewing Aletris / Josh , who are making a documentary on Caracals in Namibia.

https://www.facebook.com/caracalcatproject

The UK High commissioner for Namibia:

http://blogs.fco.gov.uk/marianneyoung/2012/01/19/clever-cheetah-conservation-in-namibia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BloggerMarianneYoung+%28Marianne+Young+[FCO+Blogs]%29

David Stanton on the smuggling of wildlife from Africa to Yemen:

http://www.yemenileopard.org/files/cms/news_articles/No._27_February_29_2012_English.pdf

A good topic to cover would be the use of kickstarter.com to help raise funds for conservation projects:

Thanks Yakkers and welcome to ST. Interesting proposals, I just need an introduction to them. Despite ST being well known, it is still quite hard to get a foot in the door. Mind you, have some interesting interviews lined up on the horizon, and am still awaiting a number of those outstanding...

I met a lady who was in something relevant, and she seemed enthusiastic at the time, but never responded. (She didn't have a business card so took mine with promise to contact me). Oh well.

I wonder if Iain Douglas-Hamilton would be available to reflect on his years in elephant conservation? Maybe Daphne Sheldrick also on working with elephants?

It must be time to hear from Tammie Matson on her work with elephants conservation in both India and Africa... Animal Works has really taken off recently with some incredible events held in Aus, and I'm sure my fellow safaritalkers would love to hear from Dr. Tammie!

Treepol. Have a look through the interviews section for me...

Oh, I see...there is a page 2 :) Sorry GW.

And 3...

Have spoken with Tammie previously to line something up.

how about Mary Wykstra from Action for Cheetahs Kenya? I think it would be fitting, especially now that so much publicity is being gained by this spotless cheetah. The more exposure the Athi Kapiti ecosystem and Cheetah Conservation in Kenya can get in general, the better.

Alternatively, you can TRY Simon Thomsett. It'll depend very much on what type of a mood he's in the day you ask him, but he's one of the most interesting people in the conservation world in Kenya. Opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind about the situations and characters he's experienced. And he's led SUCH and interesting life.

You could try Don Turner. he's a great source of information on endangered bird species, climate change and it's impacts on wildlife, and he's one of the few people who can tell you how to distinguish one LBJ from another definitively.

Have Mary lined up for this weekend, also Susie Weeks from The Mount Kenya Trust.