Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

Safaritalk terms and rules.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 13,504 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 AM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)
  • Category 2:---

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Safaritalk is a non commercial website and forum, and makes no money. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, offensive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violating any law. Please also bear in mind the various age ranges of those reading Safaritalk and refrain from using swear words.

For further information regarding libel law please see:

Libel law and the internet

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board, or you have expressed permission from the copyright holder to publish such material. For further information please see:

Image copyright issues and Safaritalk

Including news or other written content from another source

If you are a tour operator, lodge manager, travel agency etc, you agree not to publicise your company, blatantly or otherwise. If it is considered that such a post goes against this, it will be edited and the member responsible be banned. However, you can make mention of such in your introductory post in the Introductions forum, and you are encouraged to include your website address as a part of your signature. This can be done when logged on by clicking on the drop down menu by your user name: then My Settings, click the profile tab - then change signature: don't forget to make your web address clickable...

If you are involved in the Safari industry in some way, then you must select one of the following for Category 1: Tour Operator, Travel Agent, Ground Handler, Travel Marketing, Safari Guide, Lodge Owner/Manager. For Category 2, you can then select another option which best suits your interests. This is to encourage open and transparent discussion in a safe and trustworthy environment. As an operator you are encouraged to post updates and latest information in the Lodge, camp and operator news forum.

Advertising and self promotion is not appropriate on Safaritalk, unless under specific cases, and an example of what is acceptable is outlined here:

Q: I am looking to buy a camera bag that will fit my Canon + 70 -200, 300 2.8 etc etc and am considering so and so bags, can you suggest an alternative.

A: Having used a number of various bags during my recent safaris, I decided to design my own which compares well to the ones you mention, details can be found at ..........

Or:

Q: I'm looking for a great read before my next trip to Africa, can anyone suggest a book.

A: Recently I published "Tales of Africa" (example) which is available at ......com and was highly reviewed.

Or:

Q: I'm specifically looking to book 5 nights at Lodge A between the following dates, but cannot find prices or details of specials online.

A: As manager/ess of Lodge A, I can confirm that for those dates, prices can be found at our website here, and there is a special pay 4 stay 1 free offer.

(Although I would assume this would apply to the smaller, independently run camps...)

They are offering these as a suggestion to a question relating directly to the product.

You as a member may not Private Message other members with any kind of offers, deals etc, without consent from the other member. If found to be doing so, you account will be deleted.

Safaritalk is for the users, its members: about sharing quality and informed information and viewpoints, and therefore we all must take responsibility for our behaviour on the site - however in the event that there are continued infractions of these rules, then there is the possibility of being warned against further such behaviour, suspension of the users account for a limited time, or deletion of the membership itself.

Should anyone have any queries or questions, of course please feel free to raise them.

It is also recommended that you read the Safaritalk Vision so to thus understand a little more about the motivation for such a website.

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

© 2006 - 2014 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.
Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.