See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Warden

Libel law and the internet

1 post in this topic

When posting on Safaritalk one must be aware of the law relating to Libel and or defamation. Therefore I have included a number of links that I hope will assist you in understanding how such law applies to the internet, and to postings on Safaritalk.

Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) publishes an indepth article into libel / defamation and can be found here:

www.w2.eff.org/bloggers/lg/faq-defamation.php

Wikipedia's article

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

The BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A1183394

Law.com

www.dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?selected=1153

Should any posts be made in which it is felt that libellous / defamatory comments are made, (also applies to borderline cases) then these posts will be edited or deleted, as has already occurred, and this is at the decision of the Admin.

I'm hoping that we can all act in the best interests of Safaritalk and be aware of such postings - therefore please if you see something which you believe constitutes such a case then please contact me at safaritalk@netcabo.pt. Such cases are closing down websites and forums and nobody wishes for this to happen here. Let us all bear the responsibility of maintaining this forum's integrity.

Thankyou,

Matt