Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharad Kumar Vats

Safaris in Jim Corbett National Park

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

Jim Corbett National Park is a national park with maximum number of Tigers in India. Yes, 210 Tigers and counting. If you are into photography then you will love shooting over 550 species of birds, some amazing landscapes, Tigers, Elephants and what not. Yes, when it comes to Tiger sightings it might not be rubbing shoulders with likes of Bandhavgarh, Tadoba, or Kanha, but the sheer beauty of this park outweighs many pluses of other parks. 

I just returned from my one of many safaris i have done in this park in last 25 years. 9 different Tiger sightings, countless birds, and the unmatched wilderness experience is second to none. 

Please read my blog on the below link. 

http://naturesafariindia.com/blog/safari-jim-corbett-national-park/

Best Wishes in the new year

Sharad Kumar Vats

a9F2A6165.thumb.jpg.85ffbd686a5c2eec8655a253435d79d8.jpgaB89T6947.thumb.jpg.3dfb04816c844291f43434e65c135d20.jpgaB89T7097.thumb.jpg.880f2099818be931d8a51dd17506c0ca.jpgaB89T7465.thumb.jpg.44948a930b65875e4d167081cea27f14.jpgaB89T7380.thumb.jpg.ecef7d51d9546ddcc88e720eb1270193.jpg

8 people like this

Fabulous photos! OMG that cub is too cute.

Can't wait for my upcoming trip to India, although alas, Corbett is not on the itinerary (this time!) Maybe next time...it looks beautiful.

1 person likes this

Beautiful! The countdown says only to weeks left to be as first timer in India and in Corbett. Hope we are as lucky as you.  

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Botswanadreams said:

Beautiful! The countdown says only to weeks left to be as first timer in India and in Corbett. Hope we are as lucky as you.  

I am sure you will be as lucky too. It also depends where you are staying in Corbett, whether a resort or a Forest Rest House? Also if you are staying in the forest rest house inside the forest then please be adequately prepared for the cold weather. It is freezing at this time of the year, so have multiple layers of clothing. A hot water bottle in the bed is a good idea. Gloves, and mufflers to cover your ears and nose is important too. Apart from Tigers, there are loads of birds to be seen here as well if you enjoy birding.

1 person likes this

On 1/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, janzin said:

Fabulous photos! OMG that cub is too cute.

Can't wait for my upcoming trip to India, although alas, Corbett is not on the itinerary (this time!) Maybe next time...it looks beautiful.

Corbett is one park that you must go back to later on your next visit maybe. You will never want your visit to come to an end in Corbett it is so beautiful, and extremely good with flora and fauna.

1 person likes this

Thanks @Sharad Kumar Vats for the advise about the tempridgers. We'll be in Corbett in mid March. We'll have 1 game drive in Bijrani Zone and 5 in Dhikala Zone with overnight stays in the Forest Rest House.

1 person likes this

@Botswanadreamsnot long to go now, what a magical safari you have to look forward to!

2 people like this

On 1/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, Botswanadreams said:

Thanks @Sharad Kumar Vats for the advise about the tempridgers. We'll be in Corbett in mid March. We'll have 1 game drive in Bijrani Zone and 5 in Dhikala Zone with overnight stays in the Forest Rest House.

Mid March will be excellent weather in Corbett. Mornings will be a bit nippy though. Good to note that you are staying in Dhikala Forest Rest House. Wish you all the best.

1 person likes this