Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave Williams

The joys of camping

8 posts in this topic

well in the UK at any rate!

I thought I'd share this moment as I'm sat in our touring caravan admiring some stunning Welsh weather.

Ah well, at least I have Safaritalk to put some sunshine in to my day.

IMG_1488.JPG

9 people like this

Ahhh, it rains in Wales?! Now, at least you have a firm roof over your had. I have seen some tent campers going around Scoland (Isle of Mull) on bicycles, forced to camp in similar weather.

My view through the window is obstructed by thick fog, yet as for you also for me, Safaritalk puts sunshine in my daily life :D

That looks like a big comfy caravan Dave.  So hot and dry here that I wouldn't mind a bit of cold UK rain.... We finished up the making of a rather different camping/relaxing/birdwatching spot last night: 

59cc9cf7562ff_treehouse-7.thumb.jpg.38fd9e6b4a43ceb73370311f7a7b98ff.jpg

8 people like this

"Wait a minute, it's stopped raining, etc!" over here too. I might even be able to share some scenic shots from the stunning Pembrokeshire coastal footpath later.

In the meantime with internet magic your new camping spot has been transported to Wales and our caravan.It looks fabulous and I would gladly swop at the drop of a hat. Our caravan is very comfortable and has all the mod cons you could possibly need but of course it doesn't have the wildlife surrounding us that you have. Mind you the rolling fields sweeping away below us are home to several hundred sheep and a few horses!

IMG_1491.JPG

4 people like this

The joys of camping indeed.

I've had 2 trips to the west coast of Scotland in the last month and both have enjoyed more than their fair share of rain. 

BUT, when the sun does show its face the landscapes are truly incredible.

beach2.jpg

beach1.jpg

loch-carron.jpg

sheildaig1.jpg

6 people like this

BTW, the joys of camping are even more joyous when you're in a tent - not a caravan with all the mod cons. :D

1 person likes this

What a difference a day makes!

Here's me looking happy again !

The coastal footpath is truly stunning and in actual fact I saw quite a lot of wildlife too. If you look closely ( very closely, the shot was taken with a phone) you can see three adult grey seals and one and three quarters of the pups ( on the beach) Also had numerous Gulls, lots of Rock Pipits, one Raven, several Wheatears ( on migration south) one Peregrine close fly by and two west coast specialities..the Chough.

Yes, the UK has a lot to offer in it's own different way.

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

11 people like this

21 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

"Wait a minute, it's stopped raining, etc!" over here too. I might even be able to share some scenic shots from the stunning Pembrokeshire coastal footpath later.

In the meantime with internet magic your new camping spot has been transported to Wales and our caravan.It looks fabulous and I would gladly swop at the drop of a hat. Our caravan is very comfortable and has all the mod cons you could possibly need but of course it doesn't have the wildlife surrounding us that you have. Mind you the rolling fields sweeping away below us are home to several hundred sheep and a few horses!

IMG_1491.JPG

Brilliant Dave!!!!