Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Csaba

Anybody sold their own footage? Hippo Vs hyena clan

5 posts in this topic

When I was in Ngorongoro last month I saw a hippo defend a dead calf's body whilst a hyena clan attempted to feed on it.

A couple of companies have contacted me via Youtube's comment box. Earth Touch SA have offered me $100 to use the video to make a short clip and Newsflare want to try and sell the video to their clients. They offered a 60/40 split of any money made. Googling the two companies indicates that they both appear to be legitimate. Does anyone that has been in a similar position have any advice to offer? Both companies have stressed that I keep copyright of the video so selling direct to Earth Touch then letting Newsflare try to sell it appears to be optimal.

3 people like this

I have been contacted before, quite likely by Earth Touch as well. Never bothered to answer, the amount of money seemed to low.

I have no idea about these companies, but, even if a reasonably small amount, you could always donate it to a reputable Africa wildlife NGO. Also, @Brian's Art for Animals uses Youtube advertising income and donates this to wildlife charities - perhaps Brian can chime in and let you know how he does it?

Matt

BTW, @Csaba a nice sighting! Thank you for sharing it with us here.

Matt

1 person likes this

Thank you both. I'll have a look at Brian's Youtube channel when I've finished moving house..

I would be very surprised if the footage is worth much money. I'm hoping to get some professionally edited footage out of it. Anything more than that is a bonus.