Flatdogs!! SLNP Jun17 - Home of Wild dogs, Garlic & Ginger

monalisa

@monalisa, that "Ginger" is something, how lucky to see something so unique.The first leaping Dog is hilarious, such energetic, busy animals. 

Great report @monalisa you had me smiling quite a few times. Luangwa and Flatdogs were both great for me in June as well.

Towlersonsafari

Splendid report @monalisa with some wonderful sightings! Can I ask how the tent and food etc was at Flatdogs? It does look very good value!

@janzin I'll be super keen to read your trip report and see what difference a few months makes! The carmine bee eater colonies sound lovely. I don't think I've ever seen a carmine bee eater before as I've never been in the right season. I'll also be keen to check out what other areas of the park look like. We pretty much stayed in the Mfuwe area only, bar one day.

And please remember to include Vic Falls photos in your TR too! I would love to see them. I was told that visually it's actually much better to have less water.

@amybatt Both. Always both. :lol: I hope your annual review goes well! I'll be waiting for your trip report too, lol.

@Marks Oh for sure they did! SLNP was the first place I got a proper look at any wild dogs too, so very happy with that!!

On 9/19/2017 at 4:32 PM, Towlersonsafari said:

Splendid report @monalisa with some wonderful sightings! Can I ask how the tent and food etc was at Flatdogs? It does look very good value!

@Towlersonsafari Everything was great! We actually stayed in a Standard Safari Tent for a few days and then a Luxury Safari Tent for a few. They are almost the same except that the luxury one is slightly more spacious and has more of a view. We would have been more than happy to have stayed in the standard one for the whole time. The one thing I didn't really like was that the bathroom was outside (still covered), but it means at night time if you go to the loo, the mozzies are gonna getcha!

Food wise, couldn't fault it. They have an ala carte menu that changes daily. Your package includes your choice for starter, main and dessert. I liked pretty much everything. I try not to be one of those people that takes pictures of their meals, but with this I just had to :lol: This was one of the best things I have ever eaten! 

Berry ice cream in a chocolate cup :wub:

xuzAArkh.jpg

This was the Luxury Safari Tent. Sorry I don't have a ton of pictures, nor any of the Standard Safari Tent, but both were very comfortable.

1wTOAh6h.jpg

QXppexQh.jpg

6 hours ago, monalisa said:

@janzin

And please remember to include Vic Falls photos in your TR too! I would love to see them. I was told that visually it's actually much better to have less water.

Well just as a stark comparison, here is the exact same view of the bridge as you posted...two months later! Incredible difference!

JZ5_3884a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks kindly for the lovely TR @monalisa. SLNP has been on my bucket list for a very long time. Ten leopard sightings must have been absolute bliss! I can't even imagine. You were very blessed.