Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
janzin

Zambia out of KAZA visas again!?!

8 posts in this topic

I just received this from my travel agent:

" Regarding ZIM/ZAM visa- We have just received an update over the weekend that Zambia has run out of KAZA visa stickers and thus not issuing right now and until further notice.  With this, one who is staying in Zambia and visits Zim and then back to Zam would need to obtain a multi-entry visa for Zambia $80 per person and a single entry visa for Zimbabwe $30 per person.  Sorry to bear this news. "

Can anyone on the ground confirm whether this is accurate? If so, its a major pain in the you-know-what for our trip--we arrive in Lusaka next week. It really makes our one day trip into Zim at Victoria Falls prohibitively expensive, but there's not much I can do about it except bite the bullet, as we have a birding excursion set up there and we really did want to see the falls from the Zim side, especially in September when the Zambia side may not be very impressive.

There's nothing about this on the KAZA visa web page, it still is promoting it.

This isn't great news if true.  They didn't have the visa last year when I went.  For Canadians, we are only issued a single entry visa to Zimbabwe at a cost of $75 US.  Needless to say, I didn't go back and forth between the countries.  

Posted (edited)

I'm hoping I can get some verification. I've posted this query on TripAdvisor as well, and also emailed an agency I had been dealing with for some day activities in Victoria Falls. Hopefully someone will confirm or deny...

and wow, why is the Canadian visa so much more than the US? That's really odd!

Edited by janzin

Well that article implies that it's only at certain points and doesn't include Lusaka. But who knows what will be the case a week from now. I guess I'll need to be prepared with extra cash in case. 

All very confusing!

Just got confirmation from the agent I was working with in Victoria Falls that indeed, she just got this same information. :(

BTW, very helpful agency: http://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/

@janzin have you booked helicopter trip?  It's the best way to see the Falls in my opinion.  

IMG_9346.JPG

1 person likes this

@Tulips no, sorry not for me! :) Terrified of helicopters! Heck, I've only just gotten over my fear of the bush planes ;)