Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optig

The Tide is Turning in Tanzania

7 posts in this topic

https://www.thecourant.org/single-post/2017/08/04/Ivory-trafficking-hope-is-restored-in-Tanzania

It is simply fabulous that the poachers are running scared in Tanzania. The war is gradually being won. I only hope that the government of Mozambique follows the same example. I will comment more about that later.

Finally, since I'm going on Tanzania on Wednesday I can feel that things are going in the right direction. 

1 person likes this

@optig - that article sure sounds very rosy.

Have a great trip - where in TZ are you off to? Sorry, if you've posted elsewhere I might have missed it.

@madaboutcheetah Thank you so much.  @Atravelynne is a great personal friend of mine and she speaks quite highly of you. I am going to Chada Katavi for a whole week where I'll be fly camping for two nights, then to Greystoke Mahale for four nights. I'll also be spending a night in Arusha before I leave for Chada Katavi and another night before coming back to Nairobi. I haven't been to Arusha for 10 years, but I remember it as a charming town and can still recall the sight of the Masai  strolling through town. 

1 person likes this

@optig have a nice time in Katavi. I'm sure you will love it. As long as you have time in Arusha than you should go to http://www.culturalheritage.co.tz/. This futuristic new building is home of an excelent very large african galerie. For me a must to see.  

1 person likes this

@optig have a fabulous time in Tanz. greystone mahale sounds really awesome. as you know, I'm always envious of your trips thanks to your location in NBO. 

1 person likes this

@optig - Mahale is very high on my list..... So, look forward to your report!

1 person likes this

@Botswanadreams Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation. I'll be spending 10 days on safari in October  with Zarek Cockar, thanks in part due to your fabulous trip report. I certainly will visit that art gallery in Arusha. @kitsafari, I appreciate as always for your kind and sweet words. As you know nobody other than Herman and the rest of your family could have a higher regard for you than me. @madaboutcheetah some things in life are inevitable so I'm sure that you'll get to visit Greystoke Mahale in all probability in combination with Chada Katavi. Thank you so much.