SAFARILEGEND

HUNGRY CROC

Monday again so here is another Safari-memory, this happened in Botswana October 2010.

Early morning Chobe River Photo Safari with private guests in small boat focusing mainly on Birding.  After 15min up close to a couple of Saddle-Billed Storks so good start, then just behind them we spotted about 10 Wild Dogs finishing off a Kudu on the beach. Great sighting and no other boats or vehicles around, my guests very pleased.

Then this big Croc surfaced next to our boat, crawled up on the beach and headed in direction of the kill. The Wild Dogs not happy and tried to scare off the intruder. The Croc very focused succeeded its mission then crawled back toward us with part of the kill. The Croc seemed very content.

I got some good pictures and the whole sequence on Video as well and so far its Nr.4 of my Top10 Croc-sightings.

That was a nice morning for Birding :)

Have a nice week!

/SAFARILEGEND

Hungry Croc.jpg

Number 4! I can't imagine what #1 must have been...