Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kellie

“Why Wildlife Photography Matters in a Post-Truth Era”

5 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-wildlife-photography-matters-post-150013886.html

~ This June, 2017 article from Time magazine tells of the wildlife photojournalism career of Nick Nichols, as documented in the recently released biography, A Wild Life, by Melissa Harris.

Nichols explains that he made various mistakes along the way to becoming an advocate for endangered wildlife through engrossing images. He states his belief that land is ultimately the primary conservation issue.

@Tom Kellie Thank-you for pointing this out. I have seen some of his images in Nat Geographic and exhibitions. I may be tempted to get hold of ihs biography.

1 person likes this

@Tom Kellie

Thank you so much for bringing this article to our attention. Nick Nichols is one of those individuals who simply humbles and inspires me. What a fascinating and rewarding life he must have led. I can't wait to see his next act.

In the meantime, thanks to you, I've ordered the book about his life and work. A biography about a storied nature and wildlife photographer, filled with memorable images. That just about hits all my favorites in one package. Can't wait to receive it. 

2 people like this

Wow, what a life!

1 person likes this