See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kellie

How to Find All of Any Member's Trip Reports?

8 posts in this topic

~ Is there an existing method for discovering all of the trip reports written by any given member?

In other words, if I wanted to visit any trip report written by ‘member X’, how might I determine that, short of looking over all recent trip reports in all countries?

I'm uncertain how to search for such a list, without directly sending any given member, e.g. ‘member X’, a private message asking how many trip reports they've written and posted.

As members visit various countries, they might be scattered, which is why I'm asking if there's another, simpler way to find such information.

Thank you for considering my question. Safaritalk is blessed with many members who are savvy about the ins and outs of digital information.

Tom K.

I dont think there is such a method, Tom. You can, however, easily find all the Threads started by a certain member which will help find their reports. Go to a given profile, click "See their activity". Then click "Topics" in the left bar, and all the threads started by that member are displayed.

1 person likes this

~ @michael-ibk

Thank you very much for taking time to reply.

What you've very kindly described isn't what I had in mind, but it's useful to know.

Many thanks!

Tom K.

I played around with this a bit more since it would indeed be a useful feature. The "extensive search" function allows to nattow a search down to topics started by a certain member in "trip reports" but unfortunately you have to also ask for a keyword or tag.

So I still think the Topic search in "view their avtivity" is the best option. If you sort those results by "most viewed" it will give you most of the reports on the first page. Tried this with @Atravelynn and @pault and it works quite nicely.

1 person likes this

what about trying to find your own content? I can't see topics on my own left bar...

4 minutes ago, Tdgraves said:

what about trying to find your own content? I can't see topics on my own left bar...

~ @Tdgraves

After following @michael-ibk's directions, I was able to find my own content.

The steps were:

• Visit my own profile

• Click on the ‘See my activity’ button in the upper right corner, under the cover photo

• On the farthest left, under ‘All Activity’, click on ‘Topics’

Following the above presented everything I'd done over the past two years of Safaritalk membership.

I hope that you'll be able to do likewise. If not, please ask, as it's useful to know.

Again, many thanks for the clear directions.

Tom K.

excellent - that works (not sure why it didn't the first time...)

thanks @Tom Kellie

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Tdgraves said:

excellent - that works (not sure why it didn't the first time...)

thanks @Tom Kellie

~ @Tdgraves

Looking back at my own content from two years ago was eye-opening.

With time and increased understanding, my interests have largely shifted.

However, my interest in Zorillas remains as fervent as ever.

Tom K.