See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Game Warden

SAFARITALK THE NEW FORUMS: please report any bugs or suggestions.

308 posts in this topic

@Tom Kellie Looks like the server where Safaritalk is located put out this message. It could mean several things but nothing sinister. I sometimes get messages like that from my broadband provider.

1 person likes this

@Antee There have been several mentions in this thread of this feature and some suggestions for handling it.

~ @JohnR

Thank you for the reassurance.

I'd suspected that as the local servers here don't use English, but instead understandably give messages in 中文.

I'll ignore future such messages.

Tom K.

1 person likes this

@ld1  @TonyQ thanks for the guidance. it worked! reduced the list drastically. :) 

2 people like this

Table formatting of the bottom bar now done. (Where magazine links and pith helmet icon are.)

On 2017-06-21 at 11:49 AM, JohnR said:

@Antee There have been several mentions in this thread of this feature and some suggestions for handling it.

I can´t figured this out. Still got a way to long list when use "New content". If a thread is updated I see a new line for every single comments in it. I want only one line with the threads name. Like the old forum. 

I can filter other things, but not this. Or am I missing something? 

@Antee

This is what I did. See if it works for you.

Click on "New Content"

Click on "My Activity Streams"

CLick on "Create New Stream"

You then have a number of choices

Give it a name that means something to you

Within this I set "Show me" to "Items Only" and "Content Type" to Articles and Topics" - and then saved it. My new content now looks like this....(Which is as close as I have managed to the old new content. ) PS1.docx

EDIT: (I couldn't paste a screen print into here for some reason. I have put it into a word document and attached it)

I have then pinned this page to my taskbar (Windows, not IPAD) so this is where I open Safaritalk. I don't know if that will work with your system but maybe worth a try?

@TonyQ You'd have to paste the screen grab into an image editor and save it as a jpeg on your hard drive and upload from there.

Matt

1 person likes this