A Photographic Safari and apparently not my last after all...

PCNW

On 6/20/2017 at 4:42 AM, PCNW said:

@kitsafari  Thank you, the wildebeest is a favorite of mine too.  Having read all of the Londolozi's archived blog posts before my first trip and seeing so many documentaries about its history my heart is with Londolozi but I probably prefer Sabi Sabi.  

@PCNW interesting you said that. what were the factors behind your preference for Sabi Sabi?

@Kitsafari The Granite suites at Londolozi are three rooms so although the lounge area is beautiful it's set up for just 6 guests.  And two of the four nights we were eating in other locations so the doors to the lounge were closed and lights off when we came in from the evening drive....not very inviting.  

At Sabi Sabi the common areas go on and on with staff everywhere to interact with and interesting, funky decor everywhere you looked.  We really enjoyed coming into their bar every evening for a drink and every night they offered a different and delicious appetizer.  We usually ended up eating right there in the bar with our guide.  They also have a larger, more varied menu for all three meals.  The spread they offered before the evening drive was impressive and welcomed because we skipped lunch while on safari.  Although Londolozi had a slight edge for wildlife viewing and a prettier piece of property the whole vibe was just more fun at Sabi Sabi.   But I will say my daughter prefers the Granite suites because it is smaller and more intimate.  

Edited by PCNW

DSC_4208-Edit-Edit.jpg

_DSC3779-Edit-4.jpg

Peter Connan

Two magnificent photos! I love the lazy leopard especially!

@Peter Connan. Thanks Peter, the tight crop image is when my D800 started to think about going on strike and was so poorly composed this was all that I could come up with.  My hero David Lloyd would have been more creative and had a winner.

Peter Connan

I think you have two winners right there. One of my most successful images is of a lion's face cropped right under the nostril...

The_Norwegian

All of your pictures, extraordinary! Amazing work :-) 

@PCNW Apologies that I requested and then missed your tutorial! I've found it now and it's fascinating. Thank you for taking the time. I've only recently invested in the LR / PS subscription (believe it or not I was still on Aperture) so I have a very long way to go! 

@ImSA84  No apologies necessary, hope there's something that you can gain from the tutorial.  I also drug my feet making the switch from Aperture to LR/PS.  If I can help let me know.  

Elsa Hoffmann

Far too many great pics to single one out. I really like your style !