See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vikramghanekar

Mana Pools July 2016

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent member of ST for a long time now. I have not posted any trip report (I started one and never finished it) till now, out of pure lethargy and nothing else, all the time enjoying reading other's!

Thanks to some encouragement from Sangeeta, I am posting some of my images taken on a trip to Mana Pools in July 2016.

This was a photography trip arranged by Wild-Eye South Africa, hosted by Morkel Erasmus, a great photographer from South Africa.

The agenda for this trip was chasing the heavenly mana light, rather than chasing sightings (although we did chase a few sightings, albeit unsuccessfully). As a result you will find images of common subjects, presented in entirely different light (pun intended) :-).

Morkel was a superb host and teacher and we had a small (just 3 guests) but lively group. I don't think I have laughed and enjoyed so much on any other safari that I have ever been.

We stayed at a camp hosted by Tess Arkwright and Dave (they have a small operation called Mwinilunga Safaris), a great couple. We were guided by Kevin Lou, a Zim pro guide who was absolutely fun to be with and we always felt very safe with him.

After that preamble, here are a few images.

Can anyone help in putting images from my album (already uploaded on ST) here?

4 people like this

@@vikramghanekar

Sorry that I cannot help you with the pictures.

With me it's the same: never have written a TR although I always wanted to, especially about Mana.

It's not that I'm lazy but I don't know how to do it and then I think, my pictures aren't as good as all the others and my English is not as good as to write vividly about all the animal sightings and encounters. Would be kind of boring most times...

But as I always like to read and look at the pictures of other STs I loved seeing your contribution today! Thank you very much!

On June 17th I will be on my way back to Mana and looking forward so very much....

Hope you will get help soon!

@@vikramghanekar Vikram: hi, Matt here:

gallery_47328_1662_102742.jpg

So, if you go to your album, select an image and expand to its full size. Then right mouse click, copy the image URL, and then in your post click the icon which looks like a little polaroid, that will prompt you to insert the URL. Then, as I've done above, it will display. Helps to have two tabs open do swap between. Feel free to experiment in this topic.

Matt

1 person likes this

Thank you for posting! I love the photos, especially the elephant with egrets. Beautiful.

@@Game Warden I tried the procedure but the link appears "broken" after posting.

I don't know why it's not working.

gallery_47328_1662_62133.jpg

Elephant on the banks of Zambezi

@@Game Warden thanks, I got it

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I experimented with narrow apertures to create a star burst effect as these 2 bull elephants were feeding under a huge Ana tree.

gallery_47328_1662_62223.jpg

I saw number of Elands. We followed a pair of Elands through the forest. The male stopped for a moment to check out us.

gallery_47328_1662_11757.jpg

Edited by vikramghanekar
5 people like this

I like that view of your album being a link. Great shots.

Thank you @@Atravelynn

Thank you @@AmyT

1 person likes this