Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madaboutcheetah

Migration in the Mara by June?

8 posts in this topic

So if you follow "Herdtracker" - I just saw an update that said the migration is heading up north very fast and could be in the Mara by mid-June. Seriously???

1 person likes this

Not unheard of...we were in the Triamgle in mid-June 2010 and the migration was just at the boarder by the sand river so we were lucky enough to unexpectedly experience it. The herd then made its way into the Triangle.

1 person likes this

@@PT123 - Do you remember if it was a particularly dry year in East Africa that year similar to 2017?

Posted (edited)

Great news! That means we might get to see the migration, although we were prepared to miss it.

Edited by AmyT
1 person likes this

Yes, I believe that it was. We also visited Amboseli, (prior to going to the Mara), which was just recovering from a severe drought.

2 people like this

Saw an update from the Mara on Facebook from one of the guides in the reserve - first herds have already crossed into the Mara from TZ.

2 people like this

Keep those updates coming! I've been checking Herdtracker every day. Just over 2 weeks before we're in the Mara. Fingers crossed that we will see a spectacle!