Flash back to June 2016 - Winter in the Kwando Concession....

madaboutcheetah

I'm rather a late arrival to this thread @@madaboutcheetah but I'm sure glad I've arrived - it's great -thank you.

Peter Connan

Magnificent leopard series!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot @@Caracal and @@Peter Connan

Will update this thread next week -

Wow, mad about leopards! Posts 24 and 25 are some of the best leopard sequences I've seen!

michael-ibk

Really love the Leopard sequence, Hari - what a fantastic sighting!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot Michael and @@PT123

Great stuff!

I'm especially tickled by the photos of the dogs with curled tongues. You also got a nice angle on one photo of the marabou, and the perfect arc on the elephant spraying mud.

The "question mark" with the elephant is pretty amazing- that was impeccable timing :)

The light in your cheetah and leopard sequences is just spectacular.  I'm looking for a destination for next May or June, and this is now a candidate!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks for the interest in this thread - Much appreciated, guys .....

@amybatt - Would recommend June over May.  Especially, if the next summer season is wet with plenty of rain.  

Don't forget the Selinda Explorer camp option next door .......  Will also be good!!!  Not sure if they are open in May, though .... You will need to check.  

2 hours ago, madaboutcheetah said:

Don't forget the Selinda Explorer camp option next door .......  Will also be good!!!  Not sure if they are open in May, though .... You will need to check.  

They are open in May!

• 2 months later...
vikramghanekar

Wonderful photographs! Thank you for sharing!

As you have mentioned on numerous occasions, Botswana visa is tedious process. I am leaving for a photo tour to Botswana with Theo Allofs (a German -American wildlife photographer) on 21st August, it took 1 month and 5 days to get Botswana visa.

Have you faced any transit problems at Johannesburg airport while transferring to Maun?

Thank you

Vikram

madaboutcheetah

Vikram, you don't need a transit visa anymore ......... they have scrapped that silly requirement.

Make sure you check in your luggage through to Maun.  You can collect your onward JNB-Maun boarding pass on arrival at JNB after you pass through the transit side at the SAA or Air Botswana desk.

vikramghanekar

@madaboutcheetah Thank you! I will make sure that I check my luggage through to Maun. I won't be able collect it in Jo'burg anyway (without SA visa). :-) . 

• 1 month later...

Stunning photos and fabulous trip all of you had!  Thanks again so much for your advice for our upcoming trip ... now for June 2019.... !!

• 2 months later...

Those leopard cubs might just make you forget cheetah for awhile.  Love the little black hyenas and that elephant make an S in the air with the mud. The buffalo are Chitake-esque!  I had to look back at unread trip reports to find this and I am glad I did!