madaboutcheetah

Flash back to June 2016 - Winter in the Kwando Concession....

40 posts in this topic

edit- might be a reedbuck carcass that!

I'm rather a late arrival to this thread @@madaboutcheetah but I'm sure glad I've arrived - it's great -thank you.

2 people like this

Magnificent leopard series!

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot @@Caracal and @@Peter Connan

Will update this thread next week -

Wow, mad about leopards! Posts 24 and 25 are some of the best leopard sequences I've seen!

1 person likes this

Really love the Leopard sequence, Hari - what a fantastic sighting!

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot Michael and @@PT123

Great stuff!

I'm especially tickled by the photos of the dogs with curled tongues. You also got a nice angle on one photo of the marabou, and the perfect arc on the elephant spraying mud.
1 person likes this

The "question mark" with the elephant is pretty amazing- that was impeccable timing :)

1 person likes this

The light in your cheetah and leopard sequences is just spectacular.  I'm looking for a destination for next May or June, and this is now a candidate!

1 person likes this

Thanks for the interest in this thread - Much appreciated, guys .....

@amybatt - Would recommend June over May.  Especially, if the next summer season is wet with plenty of rain.  

Don't forget the Selinda Explorer camp option next door .......  Will also be good!!!  Not sure if they are open in May, though .... You will need to check.  

2 hours ago, madaboutcheetah said:

Don't forget the Selinda Explorer camp option next door .......  Will also be good!!!  Not sure if they are open in May, though .... You will need to check.  

They are open in May!

1 person likes this

Wonderful photographs! Thank you for sharing!

As you have mentioned on numerous occasions, Botswana visa is tedious process. I am leaving for a photo tour to Botswana with Theo Allofs (a German -American wildlife photographer) on 21st August, it took 1 month and 5 days to get Botswana visa.

Have you faced any transit problems at Johannesburg airport while transferring to Maun?

Thank you

Vikram

Vikram, you don't need a transit visa anymore ......... they have scrapped that silly requirement.

Make sure you check in your luggage through to Maun.  You can collect your onward JNB-Maun boarding pass on arrival at JNB after you pass through the transit side at the SAA or Air Botswana desk.

@madaboutcheetah Thank you! I will make sure that I check my luggage through to Maun. I won't be able collect it in Jo'burg anyway (without SA visa). :-) . 

1 person likes this