Kitsafari

Paradise Regained – Parc National Zakouma Tchad

285 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Caracal  @Geoff  @TonyQ  Thanks so much for the kind words. I think zakouma struck a chord with all of us not only because of the high densities of the animals and birds but also because of their nonchalant acceptance of our presence. They didnt flee or took flight but allowed us, albeit  at a distance, to watch them in their natural habitat. It is literally one of the last places on earth with such densities, and as you said @Caracal an echo of times gone by. what incredible images those parks would have had. We were one generation too late to enjoy those marvellous scenes of plenty.

Edited by Kitsafari
4 people like this

Fantastic Trip report @Kitsafari. The work and energy you have put into it is much appreciated.

2 people like this

Coming in at the tail end, but I too would like to express my special thanks to Kit for such a lovingly written account of a memorable trip. All of it was brilliant, but made even more so because of the thoughtfulness and gentleness that everyone displayed towards everyone else - traits that were best exemplified by Squack. So thank you guys for being the best safari buddies ever, Squack, @Safaridude, @twaffle, Mr Twaffle, @Kitsafari - you deserve a big big hug for doing this one on behalf of the team 😘

5 people like this

@Hads thanks much for the appreciation! I'm so glad you enjoyed the report . :)

@Sangeeta  we did hit it off very well, didn't we? as with other STers who have and continue to team up, it shows that with a little give and take, and a lot of respect and understanding for the others no matter how different a background we come from, go a long way to a very amiable and pleasant GTG. I'm very much lookiing forward to the next one! :D

3 people like this

@Kitsafari....finally I have read and viewed the entire trip report.  A most compatible group, a discovery of a place that most of have not been,  and what a wonderful report you have given.  Love the White Pelicans.  Now must get out Jonathan Living Seagull and a couple of poetry books!  Thanks for the inspiration.

2 people like this

@marg thanks for the kind words. Jonathan Living Seagull moulded me when I first read it and then watched the movie in my late teens. It made me value individualism and be proud of who I am, rather than be someone others wanted me to be to get in with the crowd. 

2 people like this

@Kitsafari....you found success!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Kitsafari I hope that adding the Tinga images here will not detract from your beautiful pictures elsewhere (everyone - these photos are much too bad to have been taken by Kit!)

IMG_8211.JPG

Tinga lounge/mess area

IMG_8213.JPG

Tinga bandas

IMG_8214.JPG

Tinga - view from mess area

IMG_8216.JPG

Tinga - Menu du jour

IMG_8217.JPG

Tinga curio shop

IMG_8218.JPG

Tinga bar area

IMG_8220.JPG

Tinga - cool wall art

IMG_8221.JPG

Tinga bedroom

IMG_8222.JPG

Tinga bedroom

IMG_8223.JPG

Tinga bathroom

IMG_8224.JPG

Tinga shower

IMG_8225.JPG

Tinga toilet

IMG_8229.JPG

Tinga ceiling fan

IMG_8230.JPG

Tinga stucco walls

IMG_8231.JPG

Tinga mess/lounge area

IMG_8232.JPG

Tinga sit out and fire pit

IMG_8234.JPG

Tinga bulletin board

IMG_8235.JPG

Tinga beverage station

IMG_8237.JPG

Tinga artisanal

IMG_8655.JPG

Tinga vehicle

Edited by Sangeeta
6 people like this

Yay you've put up the tinga photos! They give a good flavour of what the place is like. Still love that dining area; it looked so comfy to relax with a book. And they have fans! 

1 person likes this

On 7/28/2017 at 2:02 PM, Kitsafari said:

Yay you've put up the tinga photos! They give a good flavour of what the place is like. Still love that dining area; it looked so comfy to relax with a book. And they have fans! 

Fans schmans.  They have Mousse au Chocolat!

3 people like this