Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VicUK

Botswana May 2019

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I have just managed to convince my Wife that we should go to Botswana for the first time in May 2019. I realise it is a long way off but I am already doing some extensive research, and would appreciate any sharing of the wealth of knowledge on these forums.

We only have a few objectives these are:

1 Wild Dogs, I understand that there can never be any certainty with them, but I would like to stay somewhere that can give me the best possibility to see them.

2 Active Waterhole (Elephants), My Wife loves Elephants, and it would be nice to stay somewhere were we can see them from the camp.

3 Okovango Delta, We would like to experience the delta, and stay somewhere where we can explore on both land and water.

We are all about the wildlife and environment and we are not worried about the level of luxury.

At the moment I have two possible itineraries and would appreciate any feedback

1) Kwara Camp x 3 nights

Hyena Pan Camp x 4 nights (does anyone have any experience of this camp? it appears to particularly good value with an active pan for Elephants.

Lagoon Camp x 4 nights

2) Shindi Camp x 3 nights

Selinda Explorers Camp x 4 nights

Savuti Safari Lodge x 3 nights

Thanks for your time :)

Wild Dogs/ Elephants ........

Your best options would be

Lagoon / Lebala/ Selinda Explorer

May should still have water in the pans ........

I personally won't book right away for 2019 as there are plenty of new camps in the making in Botswana!

1 person likes this