From the moment that @Paolo posted his first report from Zakouma it has moved to the top of my bucket list.
Unfortunately all the trips I could find were beyond my budget.
The logical next step was to put together my own itinerary. So I did.
The itinerary is not very long - at the moment it is just 8 nights - but could easily be made longer if that is what people want. However this will give you an idea of costs.
Proposed departure date is February 2018
1 - arrive N'Djamena - overnight in Mercure Hotel (dinner not included)
2 - en route - overnight camping
3 - arrive Zakouma - Tinga Lodge, twin share
4,5,6,7 - Zakouma National Park - Tinga Lodge
8 - en route - overnight camping
9 - arrive N'Djamena, trip ends
Cost per person:
In a group of 4 people is Euro 3,160
In a group of 2 people is Euro 3,740
- 4x4 vehicle(s) specially equipped for desert expeditions. (for a party fo 2 people there would be 1 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser, for a party of 4 there would be 2 4x4 Toyota Land Cruisers)
- English speaking guide (European with extensive knowledge of Chad
- Government travel permits
- local taxes
- full board for days 2-8, cook and all kitchen equipment provided
- accommodation: 1 night N'Djamena, 2 nights desert camping, 5 nights Tinga Lodge, Zakouma
- all camping equipment (except sleeping bags and pillows)
- park entrance fees
- 10 game drive activities in Zakouma
- International flights
- travel insurance
- personal expenses
- meals other than breakfast in N'Djamena
So there you have it.
Is anyone interested???