Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optig

Horrible news from Chad

3 posts in this topic

" Reprise du braconnage au Tchad ! au moins 10 éléphants abattus dans notre zone poaching coming back to Chad at least ten elephants were killed the last past hours in SOS ELEPHANTS area ..." says Stephanie Vergniault, Chairman & Founder at SOS Elephants of Chad

This is truly appalling as we all know African parks have been tremendously successful in working with the Chadian government in eliminating poaching. I can only say that fortunately there are more babies being born than elephants poached. I have no doubt that the culprits will be caught and they will not escape justice. Security measures will be increased even further. I'm even more determined to visit Zakouma in 2019 since the park needs all the support it can get.

@@optig

For the record, the area were the poaching incidents occurred is along the Chari river, some 800 km from Zakouma. Whilst African Parks is helping the Chadian government in devising plans to manage the entire country's elephant population, it has no direct role in the area were the poaching incidents occurred.

It is very worrying news in any event.

3 people like this

This is a very challenging place , it is great to see that Zakouma has much improved security