See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZaminOz

Strewth mate!

9 posts in this topic

More madness from the Clown in Chief:

Cameras and other electronics to be banned from carry on luggage for flights into USA from unspecified African and Arabian countries:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-21/us-to-ban-electronics-on-certain-flights/8372358

• this seems to be a massive over reaction

the airlines involved should be announced quickly

the ban on cameras is histerical, well you have just started your own boycott campaign

1 person likes this

I have no plans to travel to the States for the next couple of years which is a relief as it's bad enough running the gauntlet of US customs and immigration at the best of times. All these travel bans and uncertainties must be putting people off travelling to the US these days.

I can't see myself visiting the US anytime soon, well not under this administration... if they don't actually want tourists and their money, they are doing a great job at driving them away!

1 person likes this

Wait and see if Australia implements the same ban @@ZaminOz. Although you might be relatively fortunate in that you have plenty of routes to take - not necessarily convenient ones but at least you have.

@@pault

actually living in Perth we have very few routes that we can take, but fortunately most of them are through south east Asia. HK, Singapore, KL etc..

I would be very surprised if Australia implement this ban because Qantas is in too deep with its partnership with Emirates. Most Qantas flights to Europe (from the east coast) are code shared with Emirates using Dubai as the hub.

However the recently announced Boeing 787 flights direct from Perth to London may now suddenly become very popular for our eastern states brethren...

2 people like this

It's giving me no end of headaches, myself.

if Australia goes to this attitude and given the importance of computers and ipads for business ,. Qantas may well have to look at Asian links

Qantas used to have its regional hub in Singapore. But a big financial partnership with Emirates had that changed to Dubai several years ago. There is a lot of investment tied up in that relationship, so I'm not sure how Qantas will react to this.

Of course another fear is that the knuckle dragging gorillas in US and UK customs (TSA) may not actually understand the difference between Qatar and Qantas :(

"Qantas...? Sounds like its from some moslum country mate..."

1 person likes this