Peter's Big Year 2017

PeterHG

193. Cape Crow.

7D2_6837-XL.jpg

194. Pygmy Falcon

7D2_7023-edit-XL.jpg

195. Spotted Eagle Owl. On a night drive from Twee Rivieren. The last one from the Kgalagadi NP

7D2_7052-XL.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

196. Pied Wagtail. Augrabies NP Feb. Strangely enough the only one we saw on the trip. It didn't want to look at me..

7D2_7273-XL.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

197. Karoo Long-billed Lark. Augrabies NP Feb.

7D2_7271-XL.jpg

198. Red-eyed Bulbul. Augrabies NP Feb. This is the last one of the Africa collection for 2017. Hopefully more next year....

7D2_7216-XL.jpg

199. Blackbird. Amersfoort, Feb. Back home and welcomed by the familiar garden birds....

7D2_7294-XL.jpg

200. And for #200 a fly-by of the Eurasian Jay. The birds here can be colourful, too!

7D2_7744-XL.jpg

Peter Connan

The Jay is beautiful Peter! Great catch.

201. Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. Leusden, 4th April. Though they are not all that rare, I seldom see one and this was the first photographic opportunity.

7D2_7670-edit-edit-XL.jpg

202. Northern Wheatear. Nijkerk April 19

7D2_7790-XL.jpg

203. Red-crested Pochard. Nijkerk April 20. A pleasant surprise to find one in my favourite birding area.

7D2_7820-XL.jpg

204. Common Linnet. Nijkerk April 20.

7D2_7847-XL.jpg

205. Northern Shoveler. Nijkerk April 20.

7D2_7942-XL.jpg

206. Mallard. Nijkerk April 20. I had seen plenty before, but it's one of those birds one forgets to photograph...

7D2_7946-XL.jpg

207. Reed Bunting. Nijkerk April 26. Rather common in the reedbeds here

7D2_7966-XL.jpg

208. Sedge Warbler. Nijkerk April 30. Always the first of the reed warblers to arrive. It is always quite a challenge to try and capture its short display flight.

7D2_8081-edit-XL.jpg

209. Bluethroat. Zevenhoven, April 30. Also a display flight. I do hope to get a better shot later in the year.

7D2_8122-XL.jpg

210. Eurasian Spoonbill. Zevenhoven April 30.

7D2_8151-XL.jpg

Well done on 200 @@PeterHG as a coincidence, I just saw my first jay of the year in the garden, I doubt I'll get a photographic opportunity like yours though....

michael-ibk

Great Kalahari finale, and super shot of the Jay. Also really like the Linnet.

@@PeterHG

Congatulations on 200. A superb African collection followed by excellent local birds. The Sedge Warbler is stunning!

Peter Connan

209. Bluethroat. Zevenhoven, April 30. Also a display flight. I do hope to get a better shot later in the year.

I doubt a better shot is possible, as this is stunningly difficult to pull off!

211. Common Tern. Zevenhoven 30th April. The elegance of their flight is always a joy to watch.

7D2_8161-XL.jpg

212. Mediterranean Gull. Zevenhoven 30th April. They are not common here and I was alerted to their presence by the distinct call, very different from the Black-headed Gull.

7D2_8174-XL.jpg