See all Safaritalk Special Offers

Message to Guests.

Welcome to Safaritalk where we have been talking Safaris and wildlife conservation since 2006. As a guest you're welcome to read through certain areas of the forum, but to access all the facilities and to contribute your experience, ask questions and get involved, you'll need to be a member - so register here: it's quick, free and easy and I look forward to having you as a Safaritalker soon. Matt.

Photo

CAR Safari

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident
  • Category 2:---

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to make it to the Zakouma National park in Chad next year,I decided to visit the other place which is highest on my long list of places where I'd love to go to on safari. I decided to visit Dzsanga-Sangha Reserve in the CAR. It was my conversations with @gatoratlarge that convinced me to take this safari. Peter Comley of the Shamelessly Unconventional Safari Company will be leading a group there next year. I'm planning to go in the dry season which is in first three months of the year. I'd love to find other safari goers who'd also like to go on this trip. The biggest problem won't be security on this trip it will be the fact that some people will find me hard to take because I'm so loquacious especially when it comes to Africa which is hands down my favorite subject. 

If nobody else is interested in visiting the CAR during the dry season, I  may just go myself. I'll feel safe as long there's no rebel activity anywhere near the park. If this trip falls through I won't have any shortage of other alternatives, and I already made a down payment on the second longest safari in my life which will be going to Botswana,Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi. 

If your'e interested please get in touch with me. 

Edited by optig, 03 March 2017 - 07:16 AM.

• gatoratlarge likes this

#2 pault

pault

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 4,183 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 PM
  • Category 1:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

@optig  There is a better forum for posting this I think but I can't find it.. @Game Warden  Where is that seeking travel companions sub-forum?

Waiting again... for the next time again

#3 Kitsafari

Kitsafari

Order of the Pith

• Members
  • 2,896 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 PM
  • Category 2:Tourist (regular visitor)

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

@optig Hope you do get to CAR one way or another, and come back to tell us what a fantastic trip you had and make us all green with envy. :) and I for one will be, since I assume you will stay at Sangha Lodge and that only means - you will get to see pangolins among others!!

• optig likes this

#4 Game Warden

Game Warden

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 16,462 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 PM

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

@optig @pault Thanks I've moved this topic to the more appropriate Africa Trip Planning Subforum.

Matt

"Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you." - African proverb.

How to create your gallery album and upload images.

How to post images in the text.

Want to tag another member in a post? Use @ before their display name, eg @game warden

#5 optig

optig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 AM
  • Category 1:Resident in Africa/Former resident

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

@Pault@Kitsafari@GameWarden@atravelynn@madaboutcheetah@Sangeeta@gatoratlarge I hope to combine Zakouma with Congo Brazzaville, and the Central African Republic in February  

or January of 2019. I've been on longer safaris than this before and have already planned a longer one for 2017,however, this would still be the most ambitious and out of the ordinary safari that I've ever been on. Then again I'll eventually visit Ethiopia,Madagascar,the DRC,Liuwa Plains, Kasanka, and Bangweulu. 

© 2006 - 2016 www.safaritalk.net - Talking Safaris and African Wildlife Conservation since 2006. Passionate about Africa.

Welcome guest to Safaritalk.
Please Register or Login to use the full facilities.